Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jordan B. Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    I stand corrected....Joe had mentioned he was banned on an earlier podcast either he was wrong or they changed their mind. Thanks Caballoflaco!
    He was indeed banned... and it was disputed.

YouTube automatically does that shit, or when anyone at all basically files any sort of complaint or copyright claim (true or false). It's a garbage website and Google doesn't give a shit.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

This dude is the man. For those that dont know, he puts his college lectures on YouTube. So you can soak up his wisdom tuition free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    You guys listen to weird shit in your free time
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates

Very interesting...he's been flying beneath (or probably above) my radar.....

I'm kind of a book person and his Maps of Meaning are $50+ regardless of format.

Bummer.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    His anti-PC political stuff is right on, but when you get to areas more aligned with his actual line of professional work, he seems to me to be fairly nonsensical.
    You need to listen to him here:

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/what-is-true

And then Sam's follow-up blog post here:

https://www.samharris.org/blog/item/...an-b.-peterson

Peterson is doing a great job taking apart the Totalitarian Left's Thought Police, but he's also more than capable of being an utterly cotton-headed ninnymuggins, and in fact is much more the latter when it comes to the area of his actual professional work responsibilities.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I've tried listening to Sam Harris. He likes the sound of his own voice to much for my taste.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Not sure how well known this is outside of Canada: he lost his funding at the university he teaches at as a result of his "controversial" opinions. Hasn't hurt him any as he has multiple revenue streams and his personal salary is pretty much off limits, but it really burned the graduate students who worked under him because their salaries came out of that budget.

He's doing well off of Patreon AFAIK but it's pretty unfortunate that his underlings got screwed. He's certainly very widely cited in his field so whether he's attentive to his work or not I couldn't say, but in the past he's been a very respected researcher.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    Very interesting...he's been flying beneath (or probably above) my radar.....

I'm kind of a book person and his Maps of Meaning are $50+ regardless of format.

Bummer.
    If you haven't already seen this, here's a link to his reading list of "influential books."

https://jordanbpeterson.com/2016/11/book-list/

Gonna try to get all these read in the next couple of years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

User Tag List