Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen5 GLOCKs?

Gen5 GLOCKs?

Hearing rumors of pre-orders on Gen5 Glocks. Rumor is they're "M" pistols without the "M" stamped on the slide. Anyone got details on dates/models/availability?

I am going to go call up my local LE gun place and see if I can order one. Will report back.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks, George. I didn't even look at GT, because, you know, it's Glock Talk...

Being relatively new to all of this, would the recommendation to let others beta test the Gen 5 be a prudent thing to do? I realize it's not a completely new pistol, but obviously there are changes between the Gen5/M and the prior versions, and we've already heard of issues that were subsequently corrected after problems came to light when they started fielding these with LE.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Thanks, George. I didn't even look at GT, because, you know, it's Glock Talk...
    I wouldn't have either, but someone in the 19M mentioned the GT thread.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Being relatively new to all of this, would the recommendation to let others beta test the Gen 5 be a prudent thing to do? I realize it's not a completely new pistol, but obviously there are changes between the Gen5/M and the prior versions, and we've already heard of issues that were subsequently corrected after problems came to light when they started fielding these with LE.
    Don't worry, as Glock has a new beta test plan, they use LE to do it so the civilian market gets a vetted pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I will NOT be buying a Gen5 until they've been on the market for 12-24 months and thoroughly vetted by other Beta testers. I learned my lesson the hard way with the Gen4 roll out...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Don't worry, as Glock has a new beta test plan, they use LE to do it so the civilian market gets a vetted pistol.
    Hopefully they will issue body armor gratis...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I still like my gen 3's.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

User Tag List