Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Daily Caffeine Intake...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    This is not placebo. It does in fact work. Asthma is caused by constriction of the smooth muscle in your bronchioles - caffeine functions to augment cyclic AMP signaling, which is the downstream effector mechanism of beta-2 adrenergic receptors. These are the same receptors that are the target of your beta agonist inhalers like albuterol.
    To clarify: it is a very, very weak beta 2 agonist so don't consider it anything close to a substitute for albuterol or other rescue inhalers.

I have never had a cup of coffee, nor even taken a sip of it. I did drink diet soda and would pick up a large hot tea at the donut shop when working graveyard shifts. Nowadays I like hot tea in the morning, usually Irish, Scottish, or English Breakfast. During the colder months, I may have a second mug of tea in the morning or one in the afternoon.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    For a while, I was pounding it. Cup of coffee or a Kickstart on the way to the office, 3-5 cups from the Keurig during the day, a soda at lunch, maybe a Monster or Strike Force in the afternoon/on the way home. Most of that started after our daughter arrived . . . without it, I'd have been one irritable zombie. If I'd have kept that up, I'd have probably stroked out with a bad case of Type 2 diabeetus.

I've cut back a good bit. Usually a large-ish Americano on the way to work (so far my $35 Mr. Coffee espresso machine has paid for itself about 3 times) and a cafecito every now and then. If I'm really dragging ass, putting in some serious hours or doing the road warrior thing, I'll have a Strike Force in the afternoon.

Site Supporter
    The local supermarket has started to stock a caffeine laced chocolate bar (= two cups). However, it tastes quite crappy.

I have a cup in the morning. A to-go Yeti with two cups in it if I'm going to the courthouse. If only one cup in the AM, maybe another early PM if needed. And that's it. I used to drink a liter a day but when I opened my own law firm my stress levels went though the roof in general and any more than 1 cup at a time made me super anxious. I don't find myself missing the excess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Java or opportunity? [emoji6]
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

User Tag List