Thread: light strikes on beretta 92FS

Site Supporter

light strikes on beretta 92FS

I've been shooting a beretta 92FS for a little while now. I promptly picked up the wilson combat enhanced trigger bar and filed on the overtravel stop so that the hammer would drop and then stopped filing it. The problem is, I've been using a 14lb hammer spring and the gun is beginning to give me light strikes. So my question is this...should I just go back to the standard trigger bar and the D-spring? I was under the impression that the trigger bar was a way to enhance reliability with light springs. Is there a trick to filing the bar...like maybe touching up the overtravel stop some more? Or should I file on the hammer arc support area?
    Last edited by 45dotACP; 08-09-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Before you go changing everything else make sure the firing pin channel is clean. It can get gunky and slow things down.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I've been shooting a beretta 92FS for a little while now. I promptly picked up the wilson combat enhanced trigger bar and filed on the overtravel stop so that the hammer would drop and then stopped filing it. The problem is, I've been using a 14lb hammer spring and the gun is beginning to give me light strikes. So my question is this...should I just go back to the standard trigger bar and the D-spring? I was under the impression that the trigger bar was a way to enhance reliability with light springs. Is there a trick to filing the bar...like maybe touching up the overtravel stop some more? Or should I file on the hammer arc support area?
    I think you should have someone, like Bucket at Wilson Combat, that has whittled on about 100 of those trigger bars, fit yours.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Did you replace the hammer spring and trigger bar at the same time? If so, try replacing the "D" spring first and see if it fixes it.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think you should have someone, like Bucket at Wilson Combat, that has whittled on about 100 of those trigger bars, fit yours.
    This will likely be the option moving forward. As is, I compared my tricked up gun and my backup gun and noted the Pepperoni rear sight has given more obvious performance improvements than the nicer trigger.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    This will likely be the option moving forward. As is, I compared my tricked up gun and my backup gun and noted the Pepperoni rear sight has given more obvious performance improvements than the nicer trigger.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    A trigger job by Bucket, using the WC trigger bar, makes for a mighty fine trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootingrn View Post
    Before you go changing everything else make sure the firing pin channel is clean. It can get gunky and slow things down.
    This is he first thing I'd do. I had an E2 gum up so bad it stopped firing.

Also, make sure you have a little over travel. You want to have a clean break when the hammer falls, and no drag in any way. You also want to be able to account for changes due to temperature, and any mild dirt build up. My JP AR had no overtravel, and when the gun got really hot, like ARs tend to do, I could no longer pull the trigger enough to drop the hammer.

User Tag List