Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning brass

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's the reason for depriming before tumbling? Is it to clean the flash hole or to make primer seating easier or something?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    "Looks cool" is the typical answer
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    "Looks cool" is the typical answer
    There are some precision rifle shooters that can benefit from uniforming the primer pocket and flash hole, but I don't see the point for pistol and carbine stuff. There are also a whole bunch of guys that take cleaning brass really, really seriously.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There are some precision rifle shooters that can benefit from uniforming the primer pocket and flash hole, but I don't see the point for pistol and carbine stuff. There are also a whole bunch of guys that take cleaning brass really, really seriously.
    Agreed. For action pistol it's purely an OCD related thing.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Out of curiosity, what's the reason for depriming before tumbling? Is it to clean the flash hole or to make primer seating easier or something?

Sometimes corrosion can form between the primer and the primer pocket walls and cause ringers. I take the extra step of depriming during my brass prep, most people wont.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Sometimes corrosion can form between the primer and the primer pocket walls and cause ringers. I take the extra step of depriming during my brass prep, most people wont.
    Too much time for me. Maybe if I was rich, I could have an automated 1050 decapping for me, but I have literally loaded thousands of 9mm and never had a stuck, non-crimped primer nor dud.
    #RESIST

I do it because I like clean primer pockets. You also don't get any moisture trapped in the primer pocket which can be an issue if you try and reload the brass before the primer pocket dries out. Ask me how I know...

I do tumbling in water with ceramic media, dish soap and a little Lemi Shine. Tumble for about 2-3 hours. Dry brass in the oven for 30 min at 200 degrees.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List