Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading Stock & Possibly Buffer Tube Assembly

So I just picked up brand new Magpul SL stock & pistol grip recently, installed the stock piece of cake... but the grip is presenting problems. I removed the MOE standard grip that came with the rifle, but the MOE SL grip seems to be out of spec where it is way too tight on the front surface where it fits on the receiver.

The corners of the receiver just digs into the polymer edges of the grip, I don't want to force it and damage the receiver. I just found a review of this grip on Midway where somebody said they had the same problem, had to shave down the inside of the grip and use a rubber mallet to install.

Needless to say this just doesn't seem like Magpul type quality I have come to expect, maybe I just got one that warped after being molded. I will be contacting Magpul on Monday when they open for business, anybody have any ideas what it could be?

I'll offer no advice on the stock, but I will give 2 thumbs up to the VLTOR A5 system.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Took a couple quick pics of what I believe the problem is... as you can see the cavity in the grip where the receiver slides in gets much narrower towards the front of the grip. Not sure if this is a design intention as it's much different in this area in other ways also compared to the MOE standard grip I removed.

I just sent a support ticket over to Magpul with these pics, will be interesting to see what they respond with... I've never heard of this one before.

I run VLTOR A5 tubes and buffers on all my AR-15's, with the BCM gunfighter stock, which fits nice and tight on the VLTOR tube.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterHelix View Post
    I run VLTOR A5 tubes and buffers on all my AR-15's, with the BCM gunfighter stock, which fits nice and tight on the VLTOR tube.
    Likewise.

User Tag List