Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading Stock & Possibly Buffer Tube Assembly

Upgrading Stock & Possibly Buffer Tube Assembly

I'm selling the Magpul MOE stock that came off my PWS rifle, possibly going to ditch the gen 1 Enhanced Buffer Tube as well for VLTOR A5 setup. That being said I am undecided as to which stock to put on this rifle, VLTOR Emod is tempting since I can get it as a set with the A5 setup and it is optimized for A5. I have also looked hard at Magpul SL series or BCM Gunfighter, not really too interested in anything else out there currently.

Curious what you guys experiences have been with these... thanks!

I like all 3 of my Emods and my 4 Sopmods.

Site Supporter
    I have a CTR on my SBR and it works well. My 16" wears and EMOD though. I really prefer the EMOD.

I like the Magpul SL over anything else out there. I have tried a lot of stocks and the best two I have used have been the BCM gunfighter and the SL. Sopmods just loosen up over time and have been some of the most wobbly stocks I have ever used. YMMV

Can't compare to anything else but my SL stays tight, cheek weld is good, and will extend past A2 length if needed.

Are you planning on running an RDS, irons or a low-power variable scope?

How much is this carbine going to get beaten up?

Are QD swivels mounting a sling to the stock important to you?

Are there budget constraints you need to observe?

Site Supporter
    I like the Magpul SL over the BCM and prefer the I mod over the E Mod. Pretty happy with the SOPMOD's as well though they are a little heavy.

FYI - if you have facial hair, the VLTOR stocks are beard grabbers - you've been warned !

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Are you planning on running an RDS, irons or a low-power variable scope?

How much is this carbine going to get beaten up?

Are QD swivels mounting a sling to the stock important to you?

Are there budget constraints you need to observe?
    Most likely low power variable, 16" DI carbine and my only long gun currently so it will be more of a jack of all trades type setup.

Will not get beaten up, more likely than not.

QD swivels would be nice, but not essential by any means

Budget I'd like to keep under $80 ideally.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I like the Magpul SL over the BCM and prefer the I mod over the E Mod. Pretty happy with the SOPMOD's as well though they are a little heavy.

FYI - if you have facial hair, the VLTOR stocks are beard grabbers - you've been warned !
    I do have facial hair, full thick tactical beard that I've been sporting since before it was tacticool. That's really a bummer to hear, pretty much rules out that one for me. I really have been leaning towards the Magpul SL over BCM also, used to be the other way around for a long time.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 08-09-2017 at 07:18 PM.

When I was talking with some of the nice folks at Magpul, they recommended this stock for use with an LPV:

https://www.magpul.com/products/moe-...stock-mil-spec

I have one on a carbine with a 1-6.5 Bushnell Elite Tactical, and it works well.

I have this BCM Gunfighter on another carbine with an Trijicon 1-4x Accupoint. It's their Gunfighter Mod 0 stock:

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...-mod-0-blk.htm

Are you anywhere here in Texas? You'd be welcome to try one of mine on your carbine, and see how they work.

Been using the SL for a while. Mounts very well, consistent, repeatable with no effort. I prefer the slightly smaller profile.

User Tag List