Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Implications for SIG SAUER

For me I will need more info to decide. I don't currently own a Sig and have/had no serious plans to buy any but if I did the most likely would have been the P320. My first gun ever purchased was a P226 in 1990 for $720 which even now is quite a bit for a handgun but back then was super expensive for an E4 in the Army. The gun had a bad mag but quickly resolved and ran like a top after. The next 2 P226s I had were issued, One good one fair. However Sig didn't respond for awhile and when they did it was not very nice when our agency had numerous issues with P226 40 cal. It was so bad we switched to Glocks about a year and half later. City council members don't like that kind of expense so close together.

That history is just that and I can give them a fair shake but now this. If it turns out the guns passed the ANSI/SAAMI tests and Sig really didn't know about any drop safe issues with discharges either from customers of any type or internal/external testing I could give them the benefit of the doubt "IF" they immediately fix all the guns with no expense to customers or by giving free stuff like mags,ammo or something similar as an offset. If they had knowledge and didn't respond or seriously botch the correction then they will be persona non grata to me. I didn't see when the officer AD was or when Sig was notified of it or even if it was the first incident.

I have already had a piss poor experience with Sig and their customer service. This justifies my opinion of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I get my P320s "upgraded", sell everything off at a loss and never buy anything from them again.
    Pretty much...

I don't see how anyone can purchase a p320 knowing full well the implications, let a lone carry one, especially so appendix.

I don't even know if a person who shoots themselves due to SIG's issue would have a case as Sig clearly put in their manual that it shouldn't be carried with a round in the chamber.

I also think once gen5 Glocks come out in a few months this becomes a big nothing burger and big army is left with egg on their face as the gen5 is probably going to be pretty good.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    I just got an email from SIG stating that my 320 Compact that was having FTEs was headed back on FEDEX. Will be pretty sad that it has to go right back for whatever is "the fix". Plus the 320 set up for IDPA and the brand new 320 in the box I just got.

Don't underestimate the fanboy dedication to Sig. They will keep buying Sig's of different models and stupid finishes and make excuses and justify how Sig handled this and blame everyone else but Sig.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

From someone who has 10 sigs including (3) 320's, this has been pretty distressing. Someone said long ago on this forum I believe, how liberating it is not to be "married" to any one gun or manufacture and I agree with that. While it looks like at least in my "investment" into the 320 might be a loser at this point. I also have been fortunate to appreciate and own other firearms so the impact for me will be more of a disappointment and certainly a potential loss of dollars. I will not take a knee jerk reaction and unload my 320's (yet) but they will be shelved for a while until this gets sorted out. As in anything, once the dust settles, it will be then I make any judgements going forward on the 320. Funny though how I have never questioned the reliability of all my classic P series sigs but I do look at them a bit different now.

Fortunately I've been carrying my glocks and will stick with them, and thanks again Tom for the gadget as this was the reason I went away from my 320 in aiwb carry.

I bet somebody somewhere is wishing they had at least considered the M9A3.

Doesn't affect me; I'll continue to purchase HK and MAYBE CZ. Oh, and I need a Glock Model 20 Gen4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Implications for SIG SAUER

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Pretty much...

I don't see how anyone can purchase a p320 knowing full well the implications, let a lone carry one, especially so appendix.

I don't even know if a person who shoots themselves due to SIG's issue would have a case as Sig clearly put in their manual that it shouldn't be carried with a round in the chamber.

I also think once gen5 Glocks come out in a few months this becomes a big nothing burger and big army is left with egg on their face as the gen5 is probably going to be pretty good.
    SOCOM will adopt them (Glock Gen 5). They are the real shooters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 08-08-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Between the mallet tests, with several newer striker-fired pistols in general, and the Omaha Outdoors P320 tests, I am glad I stuck to my normal practice of being generally conservative in trying new systems. With our academy class of rookies, who just graduated, all having to carry the P320, with no ability to switch duty pistols, I had thought I might try one, in case I was asked to trouble-shoot or provide advice.

It appears that the lighter-weight trigger is a legitimate fix for the drop scenario seen in the Omaha Outdoors test. I reckon there will be quite a run on such triggers!

I have much affection for the SIG I still own, as it was my duty pistol during some interesting times, but the high bore axis, and then-mandated .40 ammo, combined to really start hurting my aging right wrist. I switched to lower-bore-axis systems while also getting away from .40 S&W.

As for what is next for the SIG, it will be interesting to see how they handle this one, and whether this pushes them over the edge. I had thought the makers of EO-whatever would disappear into oblivion, but it seems the name, at least, is extant. (I might type more, but it is time to walk and feed Bella, and then suit/armor-up for work.)
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-08-2017 at 09:02 PM.

User Tag List