Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The Implications for SIG SAUER

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I imagine that the French military will adopt the Glock 17 Gen 4, along with the UK, the Netherlands and several other NATO militaries.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Glock 17, probably yes, Gen 4? Probably not. The PAMAS G1 (Beretta 92 built under license) was only adopted starting in the mid-90s and the military only began issuing it in the early 2000s. So, their handguns are not likely to need replacement anytime soon. Particularly, after the French military decided just last year to order HK416Fs to replace all of the FAMAS in stock.

And given that they have made recent orders with FN and HK and not Glock, the French might just order P30s or USPs and be done with it.

About a week ago, the range I work for banned the P320 from all our classes. Shortly thereafter, they also banned it from use on the public range. The LE agency our range is a part of has banned it from use by our sworn personnel. I just updated my own website and all my class listings to show that non-fixed P320s are not allowed in Pistol Shooting Solutions or any other class I teach. Students ALREADY registered for my upcoming classes have been notified that they have the option of a full refund if they request it in the next week, if this abrupt policy change causes them a lot of inconvenience, because I know it probably will in some cases.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I just updated my own website and all my class listings to show that non-fixed P320s are not allowed in Pistol Shooting Solutions or any other class I teach.
    Sorry if I missed this but is there an easy way to identify fixed P320s ... aside from dropping them? ;-)
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Sorry if I missed this but is there an easy way to identify fixed P320s ... aside from dropping them? ;-)
    My preliminary understanding is that the trigger of a fixed 320 looks different and can be identified from the outside. In general, I also am effectively in the position of taking people at their word that the gun they bring to class is 'safe'. I'm not going to be taking guns apart and inspecting internal parts, or doing an equipment check like in USPSA, on a 320 or anything else. I just can't let a known, obvious and easily identified, unsafe gun be in class.
    Lord of the Food Court

The Implications for SIG SAUER

I'm not going to be taking guns apart and inspecting internal parts
    Aw, c'mon.... :-)
    Last edited by s0nspark; 08-18-2017 at 04:36 PM.
    "A man's character is his fate."

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The only noticeable external change will be the new, almost wispy, trigger (which I assume will be black and not FDE/brown on the upgraded guns). If you take the slide off, you'll notice the new disconnector, which while it has nothing to do with the drop safety issue, is being installed at the same time. Additionally, if you pull the striker assembly you see the new "skeletonized" reduced mass striker:

Attachment 19171

ETA: I suppose if you lock the slide back you'll also be able to see the new cam/ramp that operates the disconnector and that will be milled into the underside of the slide. I haven't seen any pictures of this slide machining yet.
    The reduced mass striker has been shipped in some P320 X-Fives, at least. It could be in other P320s, so I wouldn't rely on that as the indicator. Fortunately, you see the disconnector before you see that.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

About a week ago, the range I work for banned the P320 from all our classes. Shortly thereafter, they also banned it from use on the public range. The LE agency our range is a part of has banned it from use by our sworn personnel.
    Interesting. At the risk of going off topic, are there any other guns that are banned for use by name? Talking to folks from that agency I'd been given the impression that they're rather laissez faire about one's choice of service pistols.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Interesting. At the risk of going off topic, are there any other guns that are banned for use by name? Talking to folks from that agency I'd been given the impression that they're rather laissez faire about one's choice of service pistols.
    Not that I know of. They do allow a lot. There is a pretty large approved list, but it does have to be on the list.
    Lord of the Food Court

Wondering how the new parts will relate to the reliability testing already done? Sure seems prudent to me to consider this a new pistol.

User Tag List