Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Implications for SIG SAUER

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Seen the P320 discussed on FB and one other forum. The level of derp is mind boggling. Even after the "voluntary upgrade" was announced probably 2/3rds of the comments are along the lines of "Don't drop your gun. I'm not worried, I'm still carrying mine. This whole thing is blown way out of proportion. If there actually is a problemSig will take care of us." Edward Snowden could release documents proving Sig maliciously sold guns that fire unintentionally because the company is run by evil comic book villains and most gun owners would still bury their head in the sand and claim it was all way over hyped or a conspiracy from Glock. Sig is going to come out of this smelling like roses.

Who wants to start a new country with me? The only gun control will be directed at companies that make shit.
    There is an island "growing" off the coast of NC called Shelley Island.

It's mine.

I'll share equitably with similar thinking individuals.

I already have a flag.

We will use the Constitution & Bill of Rights with the exception the State cannot borrow money against the future work of the people.

Glock, HK and CZ will supply the poly pistols. High end 1911 companies are welcome, too.

I'm hoping "Shelly Land" will loaded with nat'l resources...

[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    There is an island "growing" off the coast of NC called Shelley Island.

It's mine.

I'll share equitably with similar thinking individuals.

I already have a flag.

We will use the Constitution & Bill of Rights with the exception the State cannot borrow money against the future work of the people.

Glock, HK and CZ will supply the poly pistols. High end 1911 companies are welcome, too.

I'm hoping "Shelly Land" will loaded with nat'l resources...

[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Count me in but I want to bring my Berettas too. If nothing else we could all work as mercenaries. We'll be a tiny nation A-team. I'll start looking for vans.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 08-13-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I would genuinely rather have a Ruger SR9E than a P320. Ruger is a cheaper gun but they own their issues early and aggressively transparently.
    Ruger is fucking amazing with how they handle their problems. Now we just need them to bring back the P-series. I guess I'll just have to unleash my wheelgun lust at them.

Perfect example of the derp that will win the day for Sig. More head-in-the-sand "oh Sig is fixing it. I'm not going to stop shooting mine" idiocy from another "gun reviewer". I never give much weight to these guys anyway (I used to watch him for camping gear and knives) but lots of people don't know any better and here he is telling them everything is fine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Perfect example of the derp that will win the day for Sig. More head-in-the-sand "oh Sig is fixing it. I'm not going to stop shooting mine" idiocy from another "gun reviewer". I never give much weight to these guys anyway (I used to watch him for camping gear and knives) but lots of people don't know any better and here he is telling them everything is fine.

Name:  IMG_1465.JPG
Views: 504
Size:  88.3 KB

Hi everyone, first post here... please be gentle

A little background: I purchased a P320 compact in 9x19 a few days before the Army selection announcement. I only owned one Sig up to this point--a secondhand Mosquito*--and I'd never heard of the 320 before until I got serious about carrying and training** and went out shopping for a new carry pistol (I didn't want to just default and go straight to Glock... you know, due diligence and all that). I picked it up and immediately liked it, and after briefly researching at home I bought it. Took a training class, shoot it regularly, and carry it 90% of the time. So when I first read about this last week, and saw the videos and the responses, I was a little miffed. And my wife was furious as soon as she started seeing Sig's statements. She offered right then to take me out shopping for a new pistol, because my birthday is coming up and she "couldn't think of anything else" to get me

I agree that the way Sig is handling this is really pretty poor. And I say this as an engineer in what is probably the most heavily-regulated industry in the country--aviation. Specifications for testing pretty much everything that goes on an airplane are explicitly spelled out, from the regulations themselves through tens of thousands of pages of "guidance" material, policy, industry standards and specifications, and so on. Anything you come up with that hasn't been done before has to get specially approved. But even after all that testing, from the individual component or material sample all the way up to the finished aircraft, and even sometimes many years after an aircraft is in service, a design issue might be discovered that wasn't caught by or covered in any of the industry, government, or company tests and standards. And when that happens, we fix it and update the regulations to catch that in the future.

So there being an undiscovered vulnerability that wasn't caught by the industry-standard tests, and only gets revealed a couple years later, doesn't itself bother me. These things have happened before. But what gets me is the reactions--"it's still safe", "voluntary upgrade" that they're still deciding "who will pay", and especially Cohen's "making it completely drop-safe legitimizes mishandling" <facepalm>.

[request for input on new pistol moved here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....mm-suggestions]

* I think I finally got the bugger to run consistently on bulk ammo. It only took completely disassembling the slide, ultrasonic cleaning all of it, polishing every moving and sliding surface, and lightly honing the chamber with ultra-fine sandpaper... oh, and putting the recoil spring in the right way... but even forgetting to lube it, it ran nine mags of Federal bulk with only one hiccup. No FTEs, no double-feeds, no stovepipes, only one FTF.

** Got serious again after (1) adopting a baby and (2) the wife deciding she was interested in shooting and carrying. Decided it was time to replace the PT111 that had been gathering dust since my college days, and get out and exercise my rifles and the P3AT that had been gathering dust and pocket lint, respectively. I realized how slack I'd gotten and resolved to do better. Started shooting again, took a class, got some practice aids, and while I don't do as much of all that as I should, I'm at least doing it...

Welcome to the forum!

I think everyone agrees that it's not that this issue exists but rather how Sig is handling the situation. Ruger has probably had more than their fair share of defective guns in recent years but they are very good about telling people and making it right and that's why we give them a pass.

[replacement gun stuff moved to new thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post637335]

My good friend and shooting buddy, who bought a P320 after I'd said it should be good to go two weeks ago, is waiting to see what the fix will be. After he gets it repaired, he'll decide whether to keep it going forward.

In the meantime, he's ordered a PX4 Compact since he really liked mine when he shot it.

Here I am, hoping SIG does right by my friend. If he'd waited about 10 days, he wouldn't have been in this mess and I wouldn't be hanging my head feeling like I'm part of the reason he got into it in the first place.

I lost interest in Sig with Cohen.

Their current products interest me but the way they run their company alone is enough to keep me from actually purchasing anything. Constant issues, questionable design and material choices, rolling changes, and complete lack of support between generations are not worth the frustration.

Maybe someday I’ll reconsider if they dump Cohen and the rest of the leadership then release actual finished products with continued support, after they build up public trust outside of the legions of Sig loyalists. I don’t see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    I lost interest in Sig with Cohen.

Their current products interest me but the way they run their company alone is enough to keep me from actually purchasing anything. Constant issues, questionable design and material choices, rolling changes, and complete lack of support between generations are not worth the frustration.

Maybe someday I’ll reconsider if they dump Cohen and the rest of the leadership then release actual finished products with continued support, after they build up public trust outside of the legions of Sig loyalists. I don’t see that happening.
    +1

Their fall hit terminal velocity when they came out with rainbow colors.

Was Cohen hired by antis ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List