Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Implications for SIG SAUER

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

The Implications for SIG SAUER

So... what happens now?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Hammertime
    I get my P320s "upgraded", sell everything off at a loss and never buy anything from them again.

Site Supporter
    I think it all depends if they pay for return shipment and the things needed to make the gun safe. If they fail to cover all of the costs the gun buying public will turn on them. So far they are handling it horribly. The voluntary upgrade letter is a dismal attempt at passing the buck.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. More issues will come to light and in my opinion it will be demonstrated that this has been known about for a while.

Little to no effect......they got their contracts. Small blip and nothing more than entertainment. This too shall pass.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Honestly, I wasn't in the market for a P320 to being with. If I do go to striker fired, it'll be Glock.

Site Supporter
    I am not prone to hysteria, but this will keep me from buying any sig product for a long while. It makes me furious at the hubris, arrogance, and smug-faced bullshit coming from Cohen.

This whole things makes me hesitant and resistant to try any of the new "wonder strikers" that come from this xm17 circus.

How will this play out?

Worst case:

Full on congressional hearings and a total re-do or cancellation of the xm-17 program.
    Multiple agency abandonment
    Multiple agency lawsuits
    Multiple consumer lawsuits
    Sig Sauer is on the ropes financially and possibly bought out by a competitor or the freedom group.

"best case":
    A costly repair program that blows over in a few years as the new modifications show strong performance.

I'm waiting a bit to decide what I want to do concerning personal SIG purchases in the future for myself. I want to go all hard line and declare them dead to me right now, but I'm also aware that I really should see what the response is and all that before I decide something. I only own one SIG, a 239, and it's not affected by this mess, but I could also sell it and reward a company that I trust more than SIG right now.

Sure am glad I traded my USPc in on a 92A1 and not that 320 I was fondling.

Can SIG even call this a voluntary upgrade as there have been injuries reported due to the P320 (e.g., the law suit by the LEO whose gun discharged)? While there are no warranties for most firearms and the CPSC is not allowed to oversee firearms companies, there are still concerns of strict liability and fraudulent marketing.

I cannot imagine that the program will have any charges for people who send their pistols in so that they can have the ADVERTISED feature of being "drop safe". SIG actually advertised the pistol as "drop safe", so how can one be charged to retrofit the pistol so that it will indeed be so?

I dunno, but if they keep up the shenanigans, skirting blame, misdirection in statements, and "voluntary" parts swap being the solution, I hope they get what they deserve... a short drop and a sudden stop.

User Tag List