Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Glock discharges in Safariland duty holster

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Do not use that holster, the pistol will get ripped out the holster from a front grab.

What pistol are you carrying? I have a black 7ts, without a shank, for Glock 17/22 with a light if you want to borrow it.

The 295 works fine. It is indeed possible to rip the gun out with a specific technique with a worn holster under the right conditions. You can say that about any holster. I don't feel like that design is more particularly unsafe than others.

No holster is perfect. Whats important is to understand the weakness of your holster design and train to accommodate. I go hands on daily and I have no specific concerns about my holster design.

If someone gets my gun out of my holster, it's my fault.
    Last edited by 60167; 08-10-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    Short, light trigger pull, no manual safety, it's gonna happen. Could conceivably happen with a revolver but never heard of it with a wheelgun.
    I have. It involves a really fat deputy, an old school Caprice Classic steering wheel, and cocking a revolver in the holster as his tubby ass rocked himself out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I have. It involves a really fat deputy, an old school Caprice Classic steering wheel, and cocking a revolver in the holster as his tubby ass rocked himself out of the car.
    Lol!!! Seriously funny imagery right there.

This seems more of an issue related to light designs than anything else. Those big bulbs and bezels need to come out of the holster somehow. Had an X300 mounted for years and carried in a raven phantom. Not hard to imagine something getting into that hole. I carried concealed so I accepted the risk. The APL in a JMCK would require serious effort to get at the trigger. APL-C should be the same, maybe better if it's slimmer.

At some point the lumen chase may need to get a dose of reality.

User Tag List