Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock discharges in Safariland duty holster

But that said, about a year or more ago some members here did some testing of reholstering and setting up a snag on the trigger from a jacket cord.

AMAZINGLY short travel striker fired designs seemed easier to light off than much longer DA pulls.
    Last edited by JHC; 08-08-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    But that said, about a year or more ago some members here did some testing of reholstering and setting up a snag on the trigger from a jacket cord.

AMAZINGLY short travel striker fired designs seemed easier to light off that much longer DA pulls.
    Nooooooo couldn't be

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Nooooooo couldn't be
    How many definitions of QDR are there? At least two I hope.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    How many definitions of QDR are there? At least two I hope.
    I have no idea what he said... confused I am

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    And another vote against WMLs. The reason crap can get into that otherwise fully functional holster is because of the "tunnel" for the WML. With ANY pistol, but particularly SFAs, a completely enclosed trigger guard is a must.
    But bringing it up as an issue is usually countered with "why you tryin to get cops kilt on da streets?"

It's happened before. http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2013/05/...-gun-incident/

It's a pretty big flaw in the ALS/SLS 6xxx series holsters. Safariland really tightened up the gap and raised the sides of the holster with the 7TS series.

A Sig DAO/DAK can be fired in one of those since it share the same hood with the DA/SA guns with a hammer spur. But in all fairness we're talking about a 30 pound trigger pull
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    But bringing it up as an issue is usually countered with "why you tryin to get cops kilt on da streets?"
    I know, and honestly don't know the answer. I get the utility of a WML for uniformed LE, but there's got to be a better answer to holstering same.

FWIW, the only WMLs I use on handguns are InForce, and I only use them on my HD pistols... Day to day walking around investigating stuff - I've got a pair of hand helds (one Fenix for every day admin light stuff, and one Surefire Fury for when I need to light something up FO' REALZ!)

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    It's a pretty big flaw in the ALS/SLS 6xxx series holsters. Safariland really tightened up the gap and raised the sides of the holster with the 7TS series.
    I agree, the 6xxx series has a massive opening around the trigger guard that skinny fingered cops can easily pull the trigger with without taking the gun out of the holster. I believe this issue has been brought up before in a thread awhile back. The 7xxx series is much better, and same officers as mentioned above cannot pull the trigger of a holstered gun.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    This was local to us... Lodi Police Officer Shot When Child Pulled Trigger On His Gun At Reading Event

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/...reading-event/
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

After some of the stuff I hear from LEO friends and with all the press bs, all I could think was STOP the blue on blue violence/blue lives matter. (where is the press hubub)

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    I agree, the 6xxx series has a massive opening around the trigger guard that skinny fingered cops can easily pull the trigger with without taking the gun out of the holster. I believe this issue has been brought up before in a thread awhile back. The 7xxx series is much better, and same officers as mentioned above cannot pull the trigger of a holstered gun.
    I'm one of those cops who can pull the trigger on my duty gun when holstered in the issued uniformed patrol holster. It always made me uncomfortable but that's what we were issued. I'm glad to hear the 7XXX series fixed this issue.

User Tag List