Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safariland QLS

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I cant stand unholstering my weapon and placing it in my trunk whenever I go to the County Jail. The QLS is on my short list so that I can just remove the holster and place it in the trunk.

For that reason alone, it seems like a priceless addition to my duty belt.
    This is why I really liked QLS attachment for my holster. The powers that be decided that they were "dangerous" and banned QLS, just another of many reasons to not arrest people.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Use use a QLS to attach two more magazines to my Glock duty rig. I have two 6360 holsters, with the corresponding QLS component, to allow me to remove those extra mags from my belt, and quickly substitute one of those 6360 holsters, for a two-gun rig, primarily to allow me to train lefty, but potentially useful in the event of a mass-shooting incident, or if I hurt my right hand, and had to carry on, due to lack of relief in a disaster situation. (I am functionally ambidextrous with Glocks, actually shooting them a bit better lefty.)

The down-side? Well, for attaching a duty holster, BULK. OK for patrolling in a Tahoe, but not (for me) when using the Ford Explorer-based make-believe utility vehicle, actually a compact station wagon, with scant hip room. (I miss my Tahoe; one of the several reasons I may well retire soon is the attrition of our Tahoe fleet.) It is not that I have an expansive waist; I can fit into size 32 VertX duty pants, and there is plenty of extra room inside my issued size 34 Blauer duty pants.
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-08-2017 at 08:26 PM.

I run the QLS fork and have for years. It allows me to use the same holster for patrol and my swat gig. I do use the receiver plate with the locking tabs.

I like it a lot. A little bulkier than without, but if you need to swap rigs or remove/replace your weapon frequently it is hard to beat, especially since it stays holstered. Quick, efficient, and strong.
    Last edited by DC_P; 08-09-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Name:  IMG_0206.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  36.6 KB

Here's my personal 1911 in my QLS.

I still have my issued Glock 17 in a holster with the QLS and a three mag carrier in a drawer in my Tahoe. If necessary I could swap out easily.

If we do FoF I can swap holsters and I'm ready to use the Glock sims gun.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List