Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safariland QLS

Safariland QLS

Anyone have any opinions on the Safariland QLS system for mounting a SLS/ALS holster to a duty belt?

Used to use one when I had to transfer my pistol from rig to plate carrier.

It's an interesting system that works as advertised except its bulky.

I would not recommend it for straight duty work for the convenience of being to swap holster to another system.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Anyone have any opinions on the Safariland QLS system for mounting a SLS/ALS holster to a duty belt?
    My wife and I use them all the time in the field.

Name:  IMG_2699.jpg
Views: 2014
Size:  63.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've been using them on my duty and competition belts, both, for a long time. They're plenty robust and pretty convenient if you have the need to switch holsters around for different guns, purposes, etc... They do create quite a bit more offset than the UBL by itself. That can be a plus in that it creates a little more room for heavy coats, etc... But on the minus side, it can create issues with smaller vehicle cockpits and is different enough positionally that if your using them on one belt setup, you may want to think about using them on everything.

If I didn't have the need to switch between holsters for sport, I'd probably give them a pass altogether. As it is, I do though, so I use them on everything.

t

We get issued the QLS at work at everyone likes them.

Just make sure you buy QLS and not MLS. The MLS is meant to breakaway at 100lbs of pressure, the QLS at 400lbs so that it's more secure against gun grabs.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I've been using it for years without issues. It allows me to switch from my patrol rig to my tactical belt with the thigh rig quickly. The other option was to buy a second 100+ holster and keep it on the tactical belt.

I wear it every work day in my Tahoe. It pushes the holster out about 1/2-5/8" from the low ride adapter.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

We had MLS stuff at my last team, and it worked great for allowing flexibility of mounting solutions. Outside of deployments where NOT getting hung up in a burning vehicle by your holster is a serious consideration, the QLS is an upgrade.

QSL is good to go...mine survived a gun grab where the dude had his full weight pushing down on it for 3-4 seconds and it held fast. He was unconscious approx. 40 seconds later...

I cant stand unholstering my weapon and placing it in my trunk whenever I go to the County Jail. The QLS is on my short list so that I can just remove the holster and place it in the trunk.

For that reason alone, it seems like a priceless addition to my duty belt.

I personally like it. It does add a little more bulk, but i haven't experienced any issues.

User Tag List