Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AAR - Frank Proctor Rifle/Pistol Class - July 2017 - Mount Carrol, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Not sure what this has to do with Frank Proctor's class, but in case it helps validate my opinion somehow, I'll bite:

Yes.

I earned my Advanced Score/pin back in March of 2012. I shot a 105, 105, 97, 112, 118 my days there.

You know you only did so well because I was next to you, to provide support.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I've read your two reviews where you've been dissatisfied and was going to recommend Rogers.
    10/10 would hit it again!

Top 10 reasons:

10.) Steel
    9.) SHO
    8.) WHO
    7.) Duck Walker's Fried Pies!
    6.) Stop for Pizza at Varsano's in ATL before class
    5.) The war stories at night
    4.) Was that a snore or a fart in the bunk house?
    3.) Outpost Armory on the way in Murfreesboro, Tn
    2.) Trolling Bill Rogers like: Q:"Should I call you Mr Rogers?", A:"You can call me Bill".
    1.) GA in the Spring!

If I went back, I think I'd take double the ammo and make sure I shot EVERY heat I could...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You know you only did so well because I was next to you, to provide support.
    You were my coach!

See that that proves about my theory?

I appreciate your no BS reviews Les. Thanks for posting.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Thanks for the insights into how you view how classes should be structured. Do you (or others) have any recommendations on who to go to for the beginner and intermediate levels, preferably either a traveling trainer or one that is in the mid-Atlantic region?

I've talked about this before myself, and my thoughts on his one day pistol course mirror your experience, Les. I know Proctor could teach a lot of people many things, but for that to happen the classes need some more structure, and a little more feedback from the instructor would be helpful too. I'm sure for a one on one, or in a smaller group where the students control the pace more, time with him could be very helpful to someone.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    I'm sure for a one on one, or in a smaller group where the students control the pace more, time with him could be very helpful to someone.
    I truly believe this...

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Thanks for the insights into how you view how classes should be structured. Do you (or others) have any recommendations on who to go to for the beginner and intermediate levels, preferably either a traveling trainer or one that is in the mid-Atlantic region?
    I'll PM...

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    If only there was a website that operated as a one-stop shop for finding good instructors and classes around the country. (Even if it is a work in progress. )
    David S.

I take a lot of classes and write reviews for my blog, which I always link to here. Mine tend to be positive because I do my homework (not saying you don't, Les). I've read a few too many negative or partial negative reviews of Proctor's classes to take a chance on one. They sound great if you like a lot of Ricky Bobby references, but having never seen that movie, I don't see the point. I've read of huge classes, of him sort of mumbling/low-talking his way through some of the discussions, and a lot of "guided" practice that sounds
    a lot like unguided practice. Definitely not what I'm looking for.

User Tag List