Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rain gear for pistol class

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I see you've ordered the Frog Toggs...good call!

You'll need something to keep your eye pro clean. Get a plastic bag with t-shirt scraps to wipe them clean. Hats help keep water off your face, but depending on how wet your pistol gets the slide reciprocating will throw water in your face.

I may have glazed over it, but you didn't state how many days your class was and if you're traveling? If you're traveling, bring a cleaning kit to wipe down the gun and make sure anything that's black oxide gets oiled. I've had sights rust overnight (and an M&P....) due to no maintenance after constant weather exposure.

Multi-day classes you need to find ways to protect your feet and hands. You're feet will get more damage than your hands. I don't have a good way to help that(I have caveman feet, per my wife) but have seen issues with friends to let their feet soak in boots. I wouldn't wear gloves, but I never wear gloves. I would try to find a way to have a dry pocket or a dry pouch that you can dry them off between evolutions though.
    Re lenses - they fog up - you need cat crap- yes, that's right, cat crap.

https://www.amazon.com/EK-Cat-Crap-L.../dp/B002ZNA488

@HCM I've never used that, but have used rainx (the same that is advertised as putting on the inside of your windshield) and it has worked.
    I'm not sure if it accelerates the lens fatigue/failures that I've experienced with my Oakleys or if the weekly/biweekly exposure to salt water caused it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    @HCM I've never used that, but have used rainx (the same that is advertised as putting on the inside of your windshield) and it has worked.
    I'm not sure if it accelerates the lens fatigue/failures that I've experienced with my Oakleys or if the weekly/biweekly exposure to salt water caused it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    No idea. It was recommended to me and it keeps my glasses from fogging.

Re the Oakleys, my understanding is UV breaks down all polylenses. The army I believe replaces eyepro periodically for this reason. Lucky gunner has a good article in this.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/eye-...lasses-review/
    Last edited by HCM; 08-07-2017 at 10:28 PM.

I see you've ordered the Frog Toggs...good call!

You'll need something to keep your eye pro clean. Get a plastic bag with t-shirt scraps to wipe them clean. Hats help keep water off your face, but depending on how wet your pistol gets the slide reciprocating will throw water in your face.

I may have glazed over it, but you didn't state how many days your class was and if you're traveling? If you're traveling, bring a cleaning kit to wipe down the gun and make sure anything that's black oxide gets oiled. I've had sights rust overnight (and an M&P....) due to no maintenance after constant weather exposure.

Multi-day classes you need to find ways to protect your feet and hands. You're feet will get more damage than your hands. I don't have a good way to help that(I have caveman feet, per my wife) but have seen issues with friends to let their feet soak in boots. I wouldn't wear gloves, but I never wear gloves. I would try to find a way to have a dry pocket or a dry pouch that you can dry them off between evolutions though.
    Only a one day class and it's local. I think I'm going to just pack a lot of "extras". Like extra socks, boots...and at the very least I can change into dry stuff at lunch break. I didn't even think about wet eye pro, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Re lenses - they fog up - you need cat crap- yes, that's right, cat crap.

https://www.amazon.com/EK-Cat-Crap-L.../dp/B002ZNA488
    Ordered! Thanks

have the class yet? How did it all work out?

Sunshine all day lol. I have a nice farmers tan. But now I have a frog togg suit in my car so it's all good.

User Tag List