Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please score this target

295. It's illogical to assume large error of entirely missing the target based upon the grouping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What moron of a bureaucrat -- but I repeat myself -- is making that claim?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Nuts. With that attitude, they need to score the 25 yard line first, since that's the stage most likely to have a shot off the target. It's been a long time, but I was once a Master class PPC shooter and am pretty familiar with that target. A ragged hole was a ragged hole and you were not penalized for being able to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Leeward95 View Post
    Thank you all for the replies. Does anyone disagree with the 295 (X count did not apply)? Target was scored as a 275 because the number of rounds through the cluster in the X ring could not be confirmed/verified.
    I'm trying to think of something to say that would not be negative about the person who scored this as a 275. Nope, can't think of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I'm trying to think of something to say that would not be negative about the person who scored this as a 275. Nope, can't think of anything.
    James Keating, "Don't judge me by your shitty standards." This is appropriate for the scorer who said you shot 275.

I had something similar happen to me on a PD shooting range once. Had one ragged hole with more shots surrounding it and the range master was trying to claim I "threw" a round to beat me out of my perfect score.

Me being me I challenged him to a little shoot off moving back to the 50 yard line. He declined but then stated that if I could even hit the target.....much less the scoring area of a Q target, one time out of five he would call it a 100. This was with our duty pistol and at the time it was a full sized M&P 9mm. He never specified that I had to use the duty pistol so when I pulled out a back up gun Glock 42 in .380 he just about did a dance with anticipation of me missing the paper entirely.

Five Federal .380 rounds later he scored my target the 100 that it deserved. Three in the scoring area of the Q target with two pushed to the left but still on paper.

Yeah, anyone saying that group has two wild flyers is smoking something.

Minus 5.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Nuts. With that attitude, they need to score the 25 yard line first, since that's the stage most likely to have a shot off the target. It's been a long time, but I was once a Master class PPC shooter and am pretty familiar with that target. A ragged hole was a ragged hole and you were not penalized for being able to shoot it.
    We don't shoot use that target but the AZPOST qual starts at 25 and you check the target for hits/misses before resuming at 15
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Tell them "Don't 'Patton' me Bro...." George Patton (yes THAT George Patton) had the same thing happen to him in the 1912 Olympics in the Modern Pentathlon event . He was shooting .38 (most shot .22s for the event) and shot the center out of the target. Because they couldn't count each individual shot they scored him lower than he should have been scored.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I always assumed they did this everywhere, but we changed the targets several times before completing the 150 round COF. After shooting Match I for example, those "ragged hole group" (for most shooters) targets were changed before we shot Match II at the 25 yard line so as to mitigate discrepancies in target scoring.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List