Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please score this target

Please score this target

Ladies and gentlemen...Please score this target based on the limited info that all 30 shots were fired from 5-25 yds. I am being intentionally vague as to not sway your decision. More details will follow if needed. I have been lurking here for a while and figured I would draw on the wealth of knowledge here to help settle a dispute. Thanks in advance.
    LeewardName:  Expert Opinion.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  27.6 KB

Quick glance at the target I see 3 flyers: the one shot at 10 o'clock in the 9 ring, and the two in the 8 ring at 1 o'clock. Assuming the other 27 shots were in the 10 and X ring, that would be 5 points down out of 300 max, for a score of 295. If you want to score the X ring hits it looks like there might be 10-11 in the 10 ring but outside of breaking the line on the X. Assuming that's 11 in the 10 but not in the X, the full score would be 295 - 16X.

Site Supporter
    Looks like a 295 to me...

295 is what i see.

Looks like 295 - 16 X.

I can't imagine anyone not scoring it as 295. I can't really tell how many are scored X's though. If the grease ring breaks a line, then the shot should get the higher score. Is the dispute over the scoring of the line breaks?

Thank you all for the replies. Does anyone disagree with the 295 (X count did not apply)? Target was scored as a 275 because the number of rounds through the cluster in the X ring could not be confirmed/verified.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Leeward95 View Post
    Thank you all for the replies. Does anyone disagree with the 295 (X count did not apply)? Target was scored as a 275 because the number of rounds through the cluster in the X ring could not be confirmed/verified.
    If one scored it a 275, it is alleged 2 of the shots are entire misses off target. Based off of the grouping on the target, that is highly unlikely.

If you shot that target and a buddy is saying you shot a 275, make a bet or go double or nothing that you'll split the difference and break 285 on a re-shoot, and just switch targets every ~10 shots like Tom suggested.

295. It's silly to say that a ragged hole in the target means two shots are "flyers". I'd score it 295
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List