Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Gun

Mountain Gun

I have been lusting after a 4 inch model 25 in 45 Colt for the longest time. I really wanted an older gun however I had zero luck finding one locally. Online when I found them the price was steep. Yesterday I walked into my local shop and lo and behold they had a 4 inch mountain gun in 45 Colt. The gun appears to have not been fired. Needless to say after some haggling I walked out of the store with my Mountain gun. According to the fired case and paperwork in the box this gun was made in 2005. I really wish it didn't have the lock but beggars cant be choosy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by stinx; 08-06-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Nice. I have a few Mountain Guns and Mountain Revolvers. I love them.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Very nice! I have a real soft spot for the Mountain Guns.
    My five foot tall tough as nails Grandmother carried a stainless model in. 45 Colt for almost 20 years horseback riding and kicking around the ranch and mountains. Lots of very fond memories...

Great job! That is a beautiful pistol.

I have always wanted something like that as well, it just feels great in your hand.

Many people believe the Mountain Gun straddles shootability and carryability. I have one in .44 Magnum that is a tack driver with Federal Cast Core.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You might want to consider disabling the lock. I owned a 629 and the recoil caused the flag to be halfway activated and prevent the gun from working. It took the range gunsmith 15 minutes to get it back to normal. A pretty bad scenario if this gun was for self defense. I ended up selling it. Only pre-lock S&W revolvers for me now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a stainless Mountain Gun in .45 Colt years ago. It's one of those I regret getting rid of.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I had to pass on a couple of nice Mountain Guns because I didn't have money at the time.

Oh my, that is lovely. I have a stainless steel one myself, and it is great fun to shoot, but I do think that the blued ones are much nicer looking.

Oh well. In my case, I had tremendous luck finding even a stainless steel Mountain Gun. The very first and last time I've ever seen one for sale. (Now I just need more clean cases, bullets, powder and primers... )

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

I just took my .45 Colt Mtn Gun out for a quick session on Saturday. I'm not much of a revolver shooter but this thing is really accurate for me.
    Attachment 18824
    Name:  45LCB8.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  52.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Palisut; 08-07-2017 at 07:23 AM.

User Tag List