Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need an IWB EDC holster for G43 that does not require a belt

Need an IWB EDC holster for G43 that does not require a belt

Hi there. I've lurked for a while and tried to find what I'm looking for by reading previous discussions but simply haven't been able to come to a decision. Quite simply, I'm looking for a holster for my Glock 43. I know a lot of people are probably going to recommend just wearing a belt, but I'm planning on carrying in athletic shorts, yoga pants, and potentially skirts (depending on the occasion/demands for that day). I'm a 5'8" female with an athletic build, and while I'll be able to wear a belt with jeans, I'm in athletic wear almost 40% of the time and need to be able to carry without the use of a belt.

I've been most attracted to the retention of kydex holsters, and have specifically looked at both the Vedder LightTuck Kydex IWB holster and the Dark Star Gear G43 holster, but if anyone has any other recommendations of holsters that I should look at, I'll definitely take the time to look them up!
    The specific question I have concerning these two holsters is: does anyone know how well the Dark Star Gear or Vedder holsters work without belts? I know that the Dark Star Gear holster has an extra bump at the bottom of the metal clip to provide some additional "bite" to stay on without a belt (and they mention success with board shorts and gi pants), but I was curious if anyone had any personal anecdotes about how well they worked?

Thank you in advance for any help!

A standard metal clip won't work as there is no bite.

A reverse toothed metal clip (like dsg) will work well, it's one of my go to clips.

Also look into the utilclip as an option as the 43 is a small gun.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

The darkstar gear works great on my basket ball and mma shorts but they both have thicker waistbands. Don't know if that helps any I know womens atletic clothing is designed differently and tends to have less of a defined waistband.

Just to add, a female friend is about your build and wears same type of clothing (mostly yoga pants) she cannot carry AIWB as she prefers tight shirts, and carries SOB (small of back) it works for her.

If you don't mind wearing slightly baggy shirts you can carry AIWB. The metal clip works really well for her, she carry's a 43 this way.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

My wife has a similar build, and just can't make appendix work to her standards under thin clothes, as she says it makes her look lumpy in front. She uses either a Glock 42 or 43, depending on what she is wearing, just behind the hip IWB with either a JM Universal or CCC IWB Quick Cover. The Quick Cover is the thinnest.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Also look into the utilclip as an option as the 43 is a small gun.
    I'd stray from the Ulti-Clip. The few that I have had and the few that a friend have had have not been able to securely hold knives or guns in place in a manner that most here would find useful. Mine did not hold well in FoF.

As for the clip I (DSG) use, it has done quite well and this far there haven't been any that have popped off in training. I suspect this is due to the amount of gathered fabric under the clip. There is a lot more to drag on and a lot more cloth to gather. The Ulti-Clip has only a small amount.

The XL is out now and I hope to get a few and get some in service with some folks who will grapple. If they do what we want they'll be added for sure.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Have you looked at jm4tactical.com? I have one for my G43 (with and without TLR-6) and p320sc. So easy to use and very secure. Likely will add one for my VP9SK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I would suggest the Ulticlip. I have been using mine for a couple years now with no issues. I use it clipped to jeans with belt to conceal the clips. It locks on so tight getting them off is the issue most challenging where getting them on or keeping them on is easy. For $10 it is worth the try on thinner clothing. I just went through a course where we worked with partners attempting to foul our draw,disarm and fight over the gun in and out of the holster and the Ulticlip worked fine for me. I was using a Hybrid style holster similar to a Crossbreed (Whitehat to be exact) and the instructor has pointed out the weaknesses he has seen in their use in previous instances (Greg Ellifritz "Don't Dig the Rig section of his blog) and here there were no issues. They also allow tuck-able function for added benefit.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but you might want to consider a Smart Carry lower thoracic holster. I doubt it will work well under yoga pants, but it is a good solution when you want to carry from 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock without a belt.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Look at Keepers Concealment Errand. I have one for the Shield and it works without a belt.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

User Tag List