Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Situational Awareness

Situational Awareness

I'm not one to walk across the street to get my ass kicked, but check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKqJ9J1THaU

Congratulation's, you have no survival instincts, here's a beer!

Funny...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm toasting both of you with a frosty Model's.

That's a Carlsberg commercial. Everyone in that video is a paid actor.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

According to articles about the commercial that is incorrect. The non biker guests were not actors, which was the point.

Having known many people who look like that (a couple of which are family members), this would barely set off any alarms to me. My first real though would be, "Is there a biker convention in town?", followed by "Where in the hell are the available seats?"

Ran into a similar situation at a Perkins Pancake House during the Sturgis Run
    a couple years ago. Hardcore bikers, yeah, but they were all just having
    pancakes and a good time. Probably 5,000,000$ worth of chrome in the
    parking lot in one place.
    Wasn't overly alarmed about it. Went in and had breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Danoobie View Post
    Ran into a similar situation at a Perkins Pancake House during the Sturgis Run
    a couple years ago. Hardcore bikers, yeah, but they were all just having
    pancakes and a good time. Probably 5,000,000$ worth of chrome in the
    parking lot in one place.
    Wasn't overly alarmed about it. Went in and had breakfast.
    Yup. While most people in a biker club LOOK like they're huge badasses and "mean motherfuckers", they only actually display that behavior when things are really fucked up (hurting a kid, for example). However, I've very rarely seen a tattooed biker with leathers and a bald head actually be an asshole in general. Sure, there are exceptions (Many Hell's Angels members come to mind), but they are just that - exceptions - not rules.

Site Supporter
    That reminds me about the time my wife and I stayed at the Fairmont Hotel in Dallas. It was Halloween night in 1986. My wife saw the the big neon sign out front. I did not. 100s of guests in weird costumes pranced around. Almost all were men. Some wore dresses. I immediately went to the restroom while my wife stood in a long line of other guests. When entering the restroom, some dude in a stall begin to stomp his foot. I thought maybe he was having a fit, like with epilepsy. Then a stall door down at the end opened, and out comes the Frankenstein monster and the Mummy. Hastily I made my way out as two aliens holding hands came in. My situation awareness didn't kick in when it should have. That night my wife and I enjoyed a performance by the Fifth Dimension there. I stayed out of the restroom. For me the bad part is that this experience has prevented my enjoying some horror movies. My favorite monsters have always been the Mummy and the Frankenstein monster, and now I think of them as gay. Alien monsters I don't care about.

User Tag List