Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My P30 broke

Coil springs can break from fatigue just like anything else experiencing cyclic stress. But, I agree, it is likely it was damaged in some manner prior to or during the factory installation as it most certainly is a low percentage thing to have fail.

When I first got my P30, I spoke to Travis at HK and asked him what springs to order and have on hand. To Todd's point above, that was NOT one of the springs he mentioned and it was therefore one I do not have on hand.

Spare pistols are the ultimate spare part for a pistol.......

Quote Originally Posted by Spr1 View Post
    Coil springs can break from fatigue just like anything else experiencing cyclic stress. But, I agree, it is likely it was damaged in some manner prior to or during the factory installation as it most certainly is a low percentage thing to have fail.

When I first got my P30, I spoke to Travis at HK and asked him what springs to order and have on hand. To Todd's point above, that was NOT one of the springs he mentioned and it was therefore one I do not have on hand.

Do you mind sharing the list of parts that Travis recommended?

Sent using Tapatalk

H&K CS told me that the trigger return spring and flat spring were the recommended spares to keep on hand.

As I recall, he prefaced his remarks, with "you should not need anything for a long time, but you might want to have".... And I ended up with the firing pin spring, firing pin block spring and the leaf spring style sear spring.
    To be honest, it is a little blurry to me, as I also ordered extra of some of the parts to convert to the Todd special...

The trigger bar plunger spring was definitely not on the list, or I would have had one.

Also, Travis did not know if my gun would be seeing "a whole box of ammo when I get out to the range" or a thousand rounds a week.

I will ask some more questions when I order my plunger spring.

Edited to add (after seeing Jody's post) - yes, the trigger return spring was one where I ordered several extras.
    Last edited by Spr1; 01-08-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Do you mind sharing the list of parts that Travis recommended?
    I would change the trigger spring every 10K.

I finally got the needed parts this week and put it all back together. I would certainly be dramatically faster the next time around, as I was taking time to look everything over repeatedly. Quite an exercise compared to a Glock. I think I could have put 4 or 5 Glocks together from a bag of loose parts in the same time.

Sig line material right there. Seriously.

User Tag List