Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: You get to pick your duty weapon, which one ?

Over the years I've been issued a Ruger Security Six, a S&W 5906, and currently a S&W M&P40. They all worked and gave good service. I'd probably choose to continue with the M&P40.

Site Supporter
    Glock 17M, but couldn't argue with a Gen4 17. That said, I wouldn't complaint about an M&P 9. Both are reliable, proven systems with excellent support. Both have smaller and larger models.

I would have thought I'd be saying the SIG 320, but we'll see how that shakes out.

For other weapons, a Remington 870, AR-16 from a proven manufacturer, and the Shield 9mm (though yjay may change if we go to polo shirts and vest carry goes the way of the dinosaur.

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Keep that up and you'll be prime material for searching the chain lockers of Haitian freighters in no time.
    HA! Been there, done that.

My choice? Beretta 92G SD all day long. I cut my teeth on the M9 and always found it to be very reliable and accurate. The SD is even more robust, has a replaceable front sight, and can take a WML. One of my all time favorite guns.

I do get to pick.

I go back and forth between a Gen3 Glock 17 and a customized Colt Government depending on which assignment I'm working.

Site Supporter
    Currently the CZ P-07 is what I carry because Safariland makes an ALS holster for it.

The Glock is appealing though because of support, maintenance, price, and the ease of switching between Glocks while maintaining the same manual of arms.

A P30L LEM V1 with a manual safety on duty and a P30sk V1 with manual safety for off duty sounds nice in theory, but I am not sure how well the LEM would work for me in practice. Plus it's expesive to try all that just to find out the Glock works better.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post

My choice? Beretta 92G SD all day long. I cut my teeth on the M9 and always found it to be very reliable and accurate. The SD is even more robust, has a replaceable front sight, and can take a WML. One of my all time favorite guns.
    Excellent choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely a 9 mm Glock or an M&P, mainly due to good track record in service and ease of maintenance.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Glock 17. I don't care what Gen.

If all goes well when I get in, my Gen 4 G.34.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    HA! Been there, done that.

Are there modern light bearing holsters for a 92G-SD?

User Tag List