Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: You get to pick your duty weapon, which one ?

Hmmm. Probably a Glock 19 RMR'ed with a SCD. Unless Safariland ever comes out with a MRDS compatible holster for a P-07 RMR'ed. Then I'd carry the P-07.

Glock because they're easy to shoot and easy to work on and I've had good luck with them over the years. Plus there's all sorts of good duty holsters for it.

P-07 because even though it's more of a pain to work on I shoot it better than a Glock and have the utmost confidence in it. But without the holsters available for the 19, it's a no go for now.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Some of the ones I already carry
    Glock 17
    Glock 43
    Colt 6920

Fantasy Land
    Benelli M4 as an upgrade to the 870
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Flamethrower. I think I'd get a lot of compliance without ever having to go "hot"...

2nd choice M-4 (have one but wish ours had a longer hanguard). Sidearm, any of the current crop of poylimer 9mm guns (anything would be better than our current .40 P200), looks like we'll be getting the 320 in a couple years but a Glock would be fine too (it would significantly simplify my life).

VP9. Would like the button mag release tho.

I've had that ability, luxury since I started in the last century.

For the past three plus years, I actually choose to carry our issued Gen 4 G17.

Glock 17m, which is what I carry now. If I couldn't use that, then a gen 4 Glock 17 for all the reasons already mentioned in this thread.

Glock 17
    Reputable & Reliable AR
    Remington 870
    S&W J-frame for backup.

Just one? I will have to decide whether I will toss-out my Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special, or my Les Baer Premier II, with Harrison custom work and parts? I am qual'ed with both of them. Life is good.

Why? Because I can, plus, Accuracy, Power, Speed, and, well, 'Merica.

Because I train and evaluate rookies, which means letting them drive most of the time, I normally carry a Gen4 G19, because a full-sized pistol will catch on the right passenger-side seat bolster when trying to exit quickly.

I have a duty rig set-up for each system, only needing to unfasten the Taser holster, to switch it back and forth.

Edited to add: As I see others are listing secondary weapons: G26, and Benelli M2, now, for real. I might rather tote a Benelli M4, but would have to do my homework, to be sure.
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-06-2017 at 02:39 PM.

No brainer for me..Gen 3 or Gen 4 Glock 34. I think it works and balances a little better with a WML, G34 holsters are comparable with blue glocks and rubber training pistols, holsters and accessories are easy to find. The gun is also easy to break down and clean if you have the bad luck of getting fully submerged in something like sewer and fine silt ladened floodwater(ask me how I know LOL).
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 08-06-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    No brainer for me..Gen 3 or Gen 4 Glock 34. I think it works and balances a little better with a WML, G34 holsters are comparable with blue glocks and rubber training pistols, holsters and accessories are easy to find. The gun is also easy to break down and clean if you have the bad luck of getting fully submerged in something like sewer and fine silt ladened floodwater(ask me how I know LOL).
    Keep that up and you'll be prime material for searching the chain lockers of Haitian freighters in no time.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List