Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: You get to pick your duty weapon, which one ?

Site Supporter
    Bro, you're an instructor. It's like a lesson plan. If one of us finds it, we're going to use it. You wouldn't leave a pitcher of beer on an unattended table in a cop bar, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Bro, you're an instructor. It's like a lesson plan. If one of us finds it, we're going to use it. You wouldn't leave a pitcher of beer on an unattended table in a cop bar, would you?
    At least I didn't copyright it. There are no cop bars anymore, at least not here. Some Joe Citizen gets a bunch of off duty badges on video talking shit....everyone is fired or suspended. We did our drinking at my house where we could talk shit, smoke cigars, appreciate bewbs (man bewbs and girl bewbs), and swim in our 5.11s, as my wife and the other wives and husbands looked at us like we were unruly children with guns.
    When everyone around you is running, screaming, and losing their minds...look for the quiet old gray haired cop because he's about to kick down some doors and sort some unruly bastards out.

Full size 1911-A1 .45 ACP

Site Supporter
    I have been mostly content with whatever is issued to me. Started out with M64 .38 and currently have G23 G4. In my current role as a Lieutenant of a court security/civil process/prisoner transport unit, if I had to buy my own sidearm today, I would probably go with the gen 5 G19 with a 442 airweight for backup if allowed by policy, which is sadly not the case at this time. I could still make do with the K frame Smith as a primary if circumstances required me to do so.

We have a fairly liberal policy in terms of carrying personally owned duty guns. I still carry the dept issued G17.4, although I’ve been thinking about moving to a Gen 5 in the near future.

We supply our own so I can carry pretty much anything in 9,40,or 45, although I believe single actions are a no go so no 1911’s. . I’m using a Gen4 G17 right now that I had to buy for a previous part time job. I’m thinking of changing this fall/winter at next quals. Most likely a 92A1 or M9A1. I like the Berettas and you can 17/18 round mags so I wouldn’t be losing capacity. We’ll see when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    HA! Been there, done that.

My choice? Beretta 92G SD all day long. I cut my teeth on the M9 and always found it to be very reliable and accurate. The SD is even more robust, has a replaceable front sight, and can take a WML. One of my all time favorite guns.
    What holster/light are you using for the 92G-SD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWM11B
    Name:  0425191458.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  26.1 KB

This is the holster I'm using. It works with my 92GSD, Brig Tac, M9A3, 92FS, and an M9A1 configured in to a poor man's LTT 92 I bought here. I've shot qual courses and general range days with this rig

My preference in a duty/threat management pistol is towards DAO and/or LEM; specifically my Beretta 92D (with upgraded Wilson Combat triggerbar, extended magazine release, Langdon/VZ grips, Trijicon/ToolTech tritiums with an orange front sight surround, and HK P30L with V1.5 LEM, with medium-weight trigger return spring and Meprolight tritium night sights.

I have also qualified with my HK VP40 and Glocks, but prefer the above-mentioned pistols.

Best, Jon

Gen 5 Glock 19. Accurate, reliable sized just right for most applications.

User Tag List