Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: You get to pick your duty weapon, which one ?

TT Gunleather and JM Kydex.

IWB leather from TT Gunleather is comfortable for the Carry and the Compact, the leather molds to you better and easier to carry for long periods of time.

JM Kydex made me in IWB for the Carry/Compact with a small light on it. I like it, but like mentioned leather is just more comfortable to me.

If your an LEO let TT know, he provides a discount, I think JM does as well but not sure it's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Have you found an IWB that works for the 320, awmp? I'm still searching...

A 1911, a good one will always feel the best to me. Grew up with a 1911, first pistol I learned to shoot with so very bias.

The M&P safety is good and I like the levers, the trigger is not as good as I would like.

The P320 shines in both areas, the ambi safety is good, easy to use and just the right size. The trigger upgrade is my P320 really makes a difference. The trigger upgrade was a huge improvement. Of course nothing will ever beat a 1911 trigger, again very bias.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How do you like the safety vs M&P vs 1911?

Did you have to send yours in for the "upgrade"?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    A 1911, a good one will always feel the best to me. Grew up with a 1911, first pistol I learned to shoot with so very bias.

The M&P safety is good and I like the levers, the trigger is not as good as I would like.

The P320 shines in both areas, the ambi safety is good, easy to use and just the right size. The trigger upgrade is my P320 really makes a difference. The trigger upgrade was a huge improvement. Of course nothing will ever beat a 1911 trigger, again very bias.
    Cool! Thank you.

Not to pester you, but how low does the P320 safety sit? I really like the M&P, but the safety is just high enough that it causes me grip issues when I "ride" it.

Is the P320 safety intuitive to take off and on?

Again thanks.

No worries, the safety is in a good place, easy to engage and disengage. If you shoot 1911 makes it easy. I ride the safety just like I do on my 1911s.

Just finished a two-day shooting event, 800 rounds in two days, no issues. I like it so much bought one for son as a college graduation present, he loves his as well.

It's a fun gun to shoot, no issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Cool! Thank you.

Not to pester you, but how low does the P320 safety sit? I really like the M&P, but the safety is just high enough that it causes me grip issues when I "ride" it.

Is the P320 safety intuitive to take off and on?

Again thanks.

Site Supporter
    Thanks, awmp. The grip on my 320 always seems to hang low despite a wide "gunfighter" beltm even with quality Kydex like JM. TT might be a possibility.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post

We are required to furnish our guns and equipment. Any ammo we carry is provided or compensated for. We prefer the 147 +P HST. Those who didn't buy the VP9s one carries a 686 and the other two carry the S&W Model 25 Mtn. Gun in 45 Colt.
    This made me smile. My dad's first duty gun back when I was a brand new baby around 30 years ago was a Model 25 in 45 Colt. Also a rural small town department. He loved it though his Beretta 92-series eventually won him over.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 06-03-2018 at 03:48 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I still kick myself over trading my 5” 25 with an unfluted cylinder.

It would be tough to get me away from my mid-size M&P .45 that I was carrying when I retired. maybe a 2.0 would do it.

Well one month away from a new department and I have narrowed my new duty pistol down to a 1911 Rail 45acp (Guncrafter), Glock 17 9mm or Sig P320 Carry 9mm with thumb safety, all will carry a light.

Just have to decide on which will be primary carry.

AWMP - if you like the "Carry" size P320, a 19X could be just the ticket for what you're looking for. As always, I LOVE ME some 1911s, but I would never carry one on duty - not enough rounds on board, weight, maintenance, etc.

User Tag List