Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: You get to pick your duty weapon, which one ?

I and most of the rural small town dept dumped glocks of different models and calibers for the VP9 last year.

We are required to furnish our guns and equipment. Any ammo we carry is provided or compensated for. We prefer the 147 +P HST. Those who didn't buy the VP9s one carries a 686 and the other two carry the S&W Model 25 Mtn. Gun in 45 Colt.

All the officers are shooting and firearm enthusiasts, so as a reserve I let them shoot mine and after the range qual was over they went and purchased their own and after about 7 months the range was almost all VP9s! P30s are getting looked at with the price reduction having the same grip modules.

If I had the choice I would carry my personally owned Glock 19 gen 3 on and off duty. And a Glock 26 as backup.

I like the VP9 and shoot it better than the Glock. But the Glock is easier to conceal and I could use the same magazines in the 19 and 26. Plus I know that this particular Glock is reliable and in good shape.
    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post
    Those who didn't buy the VP9s one carries a 686 and the other two carry the S&W Model 25 Mtn. Gun in 45 Colt.
    Wow.

It's amazing to me that anyone would still carry revolvers as their duty weapon. When you wrote that almost everyone switched to the VP9, does that count the 3 wheelgun shooters you mentioned here with the 686 and two Model 25s?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Wow.

It's amazing to me that anyone would still carry revolvers as their duty weapon. When you wrote that almost everyone switched to the VP9, does that count the 3 wheelgun shooters you mentioned here with the 686 and two Model 25s?

I'm a firm believer the usefulness of a revolver (in the right hands) is very under rated.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post
    I'm a firm believer the usefulness of a revolver (in the right hands) is very under rated.
    I imagine where this is going, so I'll send you a PM instead of creating a thread drift.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I imagine where this is going, so I'll send you a PM instead of creating a thread drift.
    Or maybe start a new thread? I’d be interested in hearing the rationale.

Don’t bogart the fun, bro. +1 on a new thread.

Been a few months and thought I would see if there was anymore input.

I have found for me a Sig P320 Carry/Compact with thumb safety in 9mm works really well for me.

We still have Glock Gen4 Model 22, .40 and will for a very long time.

There is a department that is close I might start working part time for and you provide your own weapon, we will see.

Site Supporter
    Have you found an IWB that works for the 320, awmp? I'm still searching...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    Been a few months and thought I would see if there was anymore input.

I have found for me a Sig P320 Carry/Compact with thumb safety in 9mm works really well for me.

We still have Glock Gen4 Model 22, .40 and will for a very long time.

There is a department that is close I might start working part time for and you provide your own weapon, we will see.
    How do you like the safety vs M&P vs 1911?

Did you have to send yours in for the "upgrade"?

User Tag List