Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: You get to pick your duty weapon, which one ?

I'm going to amend my previous answer:

G19M with a gadget. I can't shoot it as accurately as the Beretta 92, but I can shoot it well enough for my liking. All the little things on the 19M make it a very nice gun to me, whereas I previously didn't care for Glocks very much.

If holsters weren't an issue, I'd say Beretta 92G and a compact 92G. I traded for a 92G back in September, and after bringing it to the range a few times I remember why I missed it so much. I shoot this thing significantly better than any other handgun by a wide margin, and I just plain like shooting it too. So if I'm going to have a choice for anything other than the 19M, I'm going to say screw it and just go with the Beretta.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I do get to choose from a long list of approved brands in 9mm, 10mm, 40, 45, and 357 sig. (there is basically nothing I would consider using that isn't on the list)

Given that I carry a Beretta 92A1. For no good reason other than familiarity with the platform. I do keep a 1911 on the book for parades, and a glock 19 for marine duty or anything with excessive dirt or water.

Off duty is a PX4 compact, duty bug is a M&P shield.

Over the years I have tried just about everything and found it really doesn't matter what you carry as long as you practice with it and it is reliable.

I carried a Wilson Combat CQB when in uniform or working Vice with a S&W model 60 as a back up. Off duty a Wilson Combat CQB Lightweight with one reload mag.

I instruct / conduct some of my training with Glock 17 or H&K VP9 to perform the drills with a platform similar to my newer officers. Very fine weapons but don't address any issues I feel that are neglected by my choice. I guess I'm out of step with the times.

JW

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    I carried a Wilson Combat CQB when in uniform or working Vice with a S&W model 60 as a back up. Off duty a Wilson Combat CQB Lightweight with one reload mag.

I instruct / conduct some of my training with Glock 17 or H&K VP9 to perform the drills with a platform similar to my newer officers. Very fine weapons but don't address any issues I feel that are neglected by my choice. I guess I'm out of step with the times.

JW
    Or just have too much class for your own good

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Or just have too much class for your own good
    I can honestly assure you that has never been an issue!

JW

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    I can honestly assure you that has never been an issue!

JW
    It's rare that I actually laugh out loud from something I read online, but that got a good chuckle out of me. Well done sir

I do get to choose, and I carry my Sig P250c w/small grip frame.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Gen 5 G17M on duty and Gen 5 G19M off duty.

Gen 5 17 for duty / and 19 Gen 5 for off duty. IMO, hard to beat this combo.

4" DA revolver in 357 or 41Mag

I do not currently carry a wheel gun, on or off duty, but if I could pick a duty gun that'd be it.

User Tag List