Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: You get to pick your duty weapon, which one ?

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    This one: https://holsterops.com/collections/t...ter-model-7304

I took it off the drop leg, mounted it to a low ride UBL and maintained one leg strap. I'll see if I can get a pic of it. It was a little snug, but worked fine running through several qual courses.
    I run one just like that except I removed the front hood guard.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Glock 34 or 35.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

VP9 and Walther P-99. Ergos and paddle mag releases I hit with my trigger finger. Much better way of reloads.

We are issued either G17/G22/G21 based on what we want, so I took the G17. But I'm basically allowed to carry anything from any quality brand in 9mm, 40, or 45. I might eventually just buy a blue label G17 and put a RMR on it or use my RMR G19 for duty though as we are allowed those too.

Side note, I have X300Us on all my pistols. Apparently I must be the only one in the department with that light instead of the TLR (125 man department too). We had weapon inspections a couple weeks ago and when I brought it in he was playing with my X300U and stated he had never seen one before? Which made me laugh since hes a self proclaimed weapons nut. He then went out to talk about how he liked his TLR.

I'd pick a Glock 17. Over the past 19 years I've been issued a Glock 17, Glock 22, Beretta 92F, and a 9mm PX4. The one agency I worked at before I went to an academy I had to provide my own pistol and I used a 92D Centurion.

If I had to provide my own pistol I'd get a Glock 17.

JR1572

Site Supporter
    Glock 35 or 34 based on personal experience to date though I suspect I could get along just fine with an M&P v2 or HK P/VP full sized as well. If it were "duty" then presumably I have access to issued ammo, ergo .40 cal being in the mix.

If I have to feed and water my own gun it would be some type of 9mm Glock for all the aforementioned reasons.

Site Supporter
    If i go back to my prior agency, i may carry an HK45 LEM and a P2000sk LEM 9mm as backup. My current agency issues (and mandates) a G17.4.
    Last edited by WOLFIE; 08-13-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    What kind of light, and what is the specific model # of the holster?

I like Glocks just fine but part of the reason I shoot them more is because I had given up on 92s due to holster options.

Ironically, for every Glock I own, I have like two Berettas.
    It would be interesting to know peoples opinions based on two scenarios.

1. What would you choose in today's environment / marketplace?
    2. What would you choose if holsters / accessories weren't a consideration (i.e. anything that is available, is available for your selection)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

P30, LEM.

2. What would you choose if holsters / accessories weren't a consideration (i.e. anything that is available, is available for your selection)?
    HK USPc, LEM.

In either case I'd likely have a Walther PPS or Glock 43 as a secondary.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I stand by my previous reply, in this thread. I do not see why your criteria would prompt me to change anything.
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-14-2017 at 07:21 PM.

User Tag List