Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: You get to pick your duty weapon, which one ?

psalms144.1

Yep was just told the exact same thing last night. I am see guys dying the frames and getting the slides nitrided black for $50.00 and carrying them. Was thinking 19X for duty and Glock 19 for off duty.

But then what is wrong with my P320Carry and my P320Compact for on and off duty?

The glock has the track record for sure but my P320 has a nice trigger.

Coin toss or just shut up and color and go with the Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    AWMP - if you like the "Carry" size P320, a 19X could be just the ticket for what you're looking for. As always, I LOVE ME some 1911s, but I would never carry one on duty - not enough rounds on board, weight, maintenance, etc.

AWMP - YMMV, but I wouldn't take a P320 for a duty gun if you gave it to me. I don't believe the platform is mature enough for real serious use. Others will UNDOUBTEDLY and heatedly disagree. But, it's your life and your partners' lives that will depend on your duty pistol.

If the color is an issue, I'd just get a Gen5 G17 for duty and a Gen4 G19 and/or G26 for off duty.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    AWMP - YMMV, but I wouldn't take a P320 for a duty gun if you gave it to me. I don't believe the platform is mature enough for real serious use. Others will UNDOUBTEDLY and heatedly disagree. But, it's your life and your partners' lives that will depend on your duty pistol.

If the color is an issue, I'd just get a Gen5 G17 for duty and a Gen4 G19 and/or G26 for off duty.
    Maybe and/or a 43 vs a 26 for off-duty/BUG purposes?

I have a love/hate relationship with the G43. I could see it as a perfect vest-mounted BUG due to it's thin profile, but, other than that, I'll take the G26 any day. Again, others will and should disagree. For me and my hands, the G26 "works" while I REALLY struggle with the G43 in anything but controlled slow fire because it's so darned small. It's reliable and accurate, though, and I know a lot of us can't keep up with lugging a "larger" and heavier pistol like the G26 as a BUG anymore. God knows I DON'T like strapping it on my ankle anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    psalms144.1

Yep was just told the exact same thing last night. I am see guys dying the frames and getting the slides nitrided black for $50.00 and carrying them. Was thinking 19X for duty and Glock 19 for off duty.

But then what is wrong with my P320Carry and my P320Compact for on and off duty?

The glock has the track record for sure but my P320 has a nice trigger.

Coin toss or just shut up and color and go with the Glock?
    The Gen 5's have awesome triggers as well. I love the trigger on my 19M, and playing with a buddy's 19X also left me impressed.

So, IMO, a Gen 5 Glock is giving you excellent triggers as well as the maturity...as well as the Gadget.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I tried the G19M three times now and did not like it once and the reason was the cut out on the front of the grip. I loved the trigger, no finger grooves etc, so what did I do yesterday, I ordered a 19X from GTs, should be here next week.

So time will tell, Sig P320 Carry for the Glock 19x. If the 19x wins I will get the slide nitrided and going to dye the frame. TXPO has already done it and using the 19X as a duty pistol.

Glock 17, Glock 22, Glock 21...all Gen 3 Preferred.

No, I don't care what size the hole in the end of the barrel is. Modern, premium defensive ammo has "Sam Colted" all of them...as in, made 'em pretty well equal.

I have carried Glock as a duty weapon since...1991. On duty, off duty, USPSA, IDPA, 3Gun...I see no good reason to change.

(I am not downing anyone else's choice...this is just mine).
    When everyone around you is running, screaming, and losing their minds...look for the quiet old gray haired cop because he's about to kick down some doors and sort some unruly bastards out.

Site Supporter
    I'm going to be stealing "Sam Colted". Welcome to the forums, by the way.

So after comparing and shooting the Glock 19X won. Felt good in the had, good trigger (I know I can't believe I just said that, Glock and good trigger in the same post).

Here is a pic of the 19X after I dyed the frame, took off the "lip" on the front grip and then stippled it. I'm going to get the slide IonBonded and then will be good to go. I'm still in a state of shock that I picked a Glock but it worked out best for me.

Last edited by awmp; 07-18-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I'm going to be stealing "Sam Colted". Welcome to the forums, by the way.
    Let me have it for a few more days. I just came up with it.
    When everyone around you is running, screaming, and losing their minds...look for the quiet old gray haired cop because he's about to kick down some doors and sort some unruly bastards out.

User Tag List