Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: You get to pick your duty weapon, which one ?

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    You get to pick your duty weapon, which one and why?
    I don't get to pick. We get a Glock 22 (Gen4) as a primary, and Glock 27 as a backup.

If I were picking I'd likely go with a Glock 19 Gen 4. It's small enough to conceal well, but big enough to control well, and unlike the baby Glocks I can still mount a good light. 90% of what I do is plainclothes, but when I need to get into "tactical gear" a 19 would work just fine. I'd want a Glock 26 as a backup.

Site Supporter
    I do get somewhat of a choice, but I would pick what I'm currently issued, Glock 19M. I do more plainclothes work than uniformed though.

For uniformed or SWAT role, I would go 17M or gen4 17.
    Formerly givo08.

We are issued Glock 35 gen 4, however I carry a HK USP 9MM with jet funnel. Glock has exactly 60 rounds fired through it, that is when it was issued to me and I qualified with it. Shot 120/120 with it. Shot a much better 120 with my HKS.

Have a good one
    Ray

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Glock 17 post 09/01/17 version.

I always loved my Sig Sauer P229 .357. Fired thousands of rounds and it never jammed once. Easy maintenance and was 12+1 in mag capacity, so that was a little better than some other models.

But Glock 17 or 19 are good options too. Carried a Glock 19 as a back-up because it was a little smaller than the Sig (and used cheaper ammo).

User Tag List