Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: You get to pick your duty weapon, which one ?

You get to pick your duty weapon, which one ?

You get to pick your duty weapon, which one and why?

A Glock 17, so I can spend my energy worrying about other things.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

SA TRP Operator. It's what I've chosen to carry at this time. I shoot it better then the Glock 17 I was carrying. I shoot expert with both. The 1911 is easier to do it. If 1911s were removed from the authorization list a Glock 17.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Glock 17 right now, but currently transitioning to an HK P30 LEM 9mm.

This is by choice.

I can use anything so long as it is a .40
    Glock 35 gen 4. I have the most trigger time/supporting gear with glock, the 35 has less perceived recoil than the 22 and I can shoot a match and not need to scrub my WML.

Site Supporter
    A .40 S&W P30LS LEM (which I understand could be hard to find) would be a strong contender.

The .40 due to barrier penetration, the L because of extra barrel and sight radius length at no cost (the WML would be longer anyway), the ambidextrous safety because it's safer, especially on an openly-carried duty gun, and the LEM for the oft-discussed safety benefits. A DA/SA could work also, of course.

It's very hard to beat the G17. It's shootable, easy to carry, inexpensive (Blue Label), easy to replace or repair, everyone makes holsters for it, large variety of top quality sights. I could go on, but it's the pistol I'd select to "walk the earth with" if limited to only one.

Another large advantage is the scalable platform. You can go G19, 26, 43, 42....and they all work exactly the same. This is an important concept that allows you to maximize training time and focus on the technique instead of the equipment.

Have a Glock 17, probably wouldn't choose anything else.

Maybe a Glock 34 for duty, but it's really negligible.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I do get to pick, and I picked the P220 until they started issuing practice ammo for free if you carried a .40, when I went to the P226. We are now going to 9mm, and I'll either stick with the P226 or go with the new Glock 17M, haven't decided yet.

A Glock 17 Gen 4, since my examples have given me excellent service since 2012.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

User Tag List