Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Blindsided by S&W 43C

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Last weekend I bought a 351C.
    Trigger is heavy smooth.

But I dig it. Slowfire isn't much fun though. ��
    These shot slooow at 15 yds
    Attachment 22501

Then I shot it in pretty fast, as fast as I could hold sight picture tight and roll from 7 yards.
    Attachment 22502

Ran into a snag shooting those 7 yards strings about halfway through the first box.
    A KB of an Aguila 45 grain SP.
    Attachment 22503

And it broke off part of the extractor star
    Attachment 22504

Sent the gun to S&W today.

Contacted Aguila via their website Monday. Haven't heard from them yet.
    Here's the lot
    Attachment 22505

An 11oz revo blows my mind.
    I think I'll need a 43C too.
    I know a guy that's sponsored by Aquila. I can't make any guarantees but I can certainly see if he has a name or point of contact if you don't get any traction. I hate that you had a kaboom. I've though long and hard about one of the .22 Mags but can't get past the short barrel and magnum burn rate.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I know a guy that's sponsored by Aquila. I can't make any guarantees but I can certainly see if he has a name or point of contact if you don't get any traction. I hate that you had a kaboom. I've though long and hard about one of the .22 Mags but can't get past the short barrel and magnum burn rate.
    Thank you very much. I think S&W will make me whole. I don't expect to make a Congressional out of it with Aguila at this point in time. I'm just not buying any more of their .22 magnum I don't think. But maybe I'm mistaken to blame the ammo, but I don't see how the gun could fire out of battery.

My first KB in like 50 years of shooting. Kinda interesting at least. Thumb felt like I hit it with a hammer, then was numb, but it came back to normal in like 20 mins.
    Last edited by JHC; 12-21-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thank you very much. I think S&W will make me whole. I don't expect to make a Congressional out of it with Aguila at this point in time. I'm just not buying any more of their .22 magnum I don't think. But maybe I'm mistaken to blame the ammo, but I don't see how the gun could fire out of battery.

My first KB in like 50 years of shooting. Kinda interesting at least. Thumb felt like I hit it with a hammer, then was numb, but it came back to normal in like 20 mins.

Any chance you have a picture of the ruptured case?
    Julius Caesar

Any chance you have a picture of the ruptured case?
    Nope. I never saw the case head, whether it was ejected when it blew of fell out unnoticed when I opened the cylinder. The walls of the case are stuck tight in that chamber. S&W will be getting that out.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Nope. I never saw the case head, whether it was ejected when it blew of fell out unnoticed when I opened the cylinder. The walls of the case are stuck tight in that chamber. S&W will be getting that out.
    Ahh! I see now. I wasn't sure what that discoloration was where the star had been broken. I now see that's the remains of the case. Wow.
    Julius Caesar

I shot 5^5 with my 43C today.Name:  43C.jpg
Views: 1190
Size:  36.5 KB
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Site Supporter
    I don't think that's the lot number, but only the SKU information. The lot number should be located elsewhere on the package.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Tom,

They look like one of the Herrett's stocks to me.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    What stocks are those?
    They are Precision Gun Specialties that I sprayed with Brownell's Spray Grit. Even though PGS calls them textured, they're too slick for my taste.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    What stocks are those?
    Tom, if you want to "try before you buy", let me know. I have a set of those PGS stocks in the spares box. You are welcome to borrow them if you wish.

User Tag List