Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blindsided by S&W 43C

Shot it today. It despised the craptastic Winchester 555 bulk pack! Dirty, smoky, and stuck in the chambers.

Switched to CCI and all was sweetness and light. No misfires, smooth ejection, decent trigger. Using the XS dot past about 25 meters was challenging for me. With CCI SV, it hit right to the center of the dot at 25 meters. Kept most on a 5" plate. The nut behind the trigger was the biggest liability. Will try some other loads in the near future. Have some federal bulk, minimags, Aguila SV, AE suppressor, and some old school hyper velocity quik shock rounds too.

I think I'm really gonna like this little critter.
    Last edited by jandbj; 10-28-2017 at 08:38 PM.

I’ve been slowly stacking a few bucks back thinking by the time Colt got around to making a alloy version of the new Cobra with a shrouded hammer that I’d be waiting with cash in hand. Now I look at that little
    stack of cash and all
    I see is a 43C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I’ve been slowly stacking a few bucks back thinking by the time Colt got around to making a alloy version of the new Cobra with a shrouded hammer that I’d be waiting with cash in hand. Now I look at that little
    stack of cash and all
    I see is a 43C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was also excited about the new Cobra initially. That changed after reading that it may be MIM'd enough to include the barrel & Colt might not actually manufacture (just assemble) the gun. Combine that with an interview with management that, if the foregoing is accurate, was full of weasel wording and word parsing, I'd also take a pass & get the 43C or save my stack/spend elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Shot it today. It despised the craptastic Winchester 555 bulk pack! Dirty, smoky, and stuck in the chambers.

Switched to CCI and all was sweetness and light. No misfires, smooth ejection, decent trigger. Using the XS dot past about 25 meters was challenging for me. With CCI SV, it hit right to the center of the dot at 25 meters. Kept most on a 5" plate. The nut behind the trigger was the biggest liability. Will try some other loads in the near future. Have some federal bulk, minimags, Aguila SV, AE suppressor, and some old school hyper velocity quik shock rounds too.

Perhaps a bridge too far here... but it was on the bench and I had nothing better to do... just put a spare factory 8.5lb hammer spring from a 442 in it. Will range test this week to see if this lighter and smooth trigger action will reliably detonate primers. Put my 9lb spring in a buddy's 351c to try out before he buys the Wolff kit.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post

I have had very good results with the Federal Automatch in mine. You may want to try some if it's handy.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have had very good results with the Federal Automatch in mine. You may want to try some if it's handy.
    Thanks for the heads up!

I believe a have a few of the 325 round bulk boxes of those. Under 4˘/round at my local wallyworld too!

Found an old 50 round box of CCI SGB's in the cabinet too.
    Last edited by jandbj; 11-06-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Glad to be of assistance.

As I suspected, using the factory 442 spring was a bridge too far. Worked for most ammo (95ish%) in rapid fire. About 15% failures to fire on first whack in slow fire with all ammo tried. Will go back to the 9lb Wolff hammer spring.

Ran Federal Auto match, old Federal hi-speed, Minimags, & SGB's.

All extracted fine.
    Last edited by jandbj; 11-09-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Name:  IMG_2312.jpg
Views: 1485
Size:  85.3 KB
    Forgot to add the pic with the classy grips. This thing is crying out for a classic Askins Avenger holster.
    One of the Italian made Blackhawk sorta Askins-ish holsters inbound.

Last weekend I bought a 351C.
    Trigger is heavy smooth.

But I dig it. Slowfire isn't much fun though. ��
    These shot slooow at 15 yds
    Attachment 22501

Then I shot it in pretty fast, as fast as I could hold sight picture tight and roll from 7 yards.
    Attachment 22502

Ran into a snag shooting those 7 yards strings about halfway through the first box.
    A KB of an Aguila 45 grain SP.
    Attachment 22503

And it broke off part of the extractor star
    Attachment 22504

Sent the gun to S&W today.

Contacted Aguila via their website Monday. Haven't heard from them yet.
    Here's the lot
    Attachment 22505

An 11oz revo blows my mind.
    I think I'll need a 43C too.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List