Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Blindsided by S&W 43C

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I would strongly encourage anyone who's carrying one of these rimfire revolvers in .22LR to get yourself some Federal "Punch" ammo for it. The testing I'm seeing seems to indicate it reliably penetrates to FBI standards...and the accuracy even from these little snub revolvers is excellent. This is my last 4 rounds of the box at 25 yards:
    I’ve been really impressed with the accuracy and relative cleanliness of the .22 Punch. I also like the testing I’ve seen and the MV on the box seems true for the snubbies as well.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    I would strongly encourage anyone who's carrying one of these rimfire revolvers in .22LR to get yourself some Federal "Punch" ammo for it. The testing I'm seeing seems to indicate it reliably penetrates to FBI standards...and the accuracy even from these little snub revolvers is excellent. This is my last 4 rounds of the box at 25 yards:
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I’ve been really impressed with the accuracy and relative cleanliness of the .22 Punch. I also like the testing I’ve seen and the MV on the box seems true for the snubbies as well.
    Good to know. I'll have to see if one of my LGS's has some in stock. Sounds great for my 43c.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    That's interesting. Historically - I had a SW 651 way back in the 90's, IIRC. That's a 2 inch SS hammered gun. After 50 rounds of some 22 Mag - who knows what - it jammed up solid with gunk. I had to use a tsunami of a cleaning spray to free it up and then take it apart. I noted that when I shot it at 7 yards, it left a cloud of black on the paper targets. Don't know if today's ammo would do such. I sold it - wish I kept it just because but I needed the bucks and didn't want to deal with the ammo issue. I had a SW 317LS and hated the trigger. Also needed the money and sold it. Sidebar, took it to the local, pompous ass LGS who offered me a terrible low ball saying: It's a uuuuuusssed gun! So took it to the gun show for $100 bucks more in a sale. His store went under quickly.
    My late 60's vintage K22 is spectacularly accurate and so it's needing of some brushing every 100-200 rounds is fine by me!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have shot many thousands of rounds through my pre lock 317, and hardly have cleaned it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've been carrying CCI Velocitors in my 43c. They have a 40 grain bullet and they chrono 965 fps in my 43c. Does anybody have any penetration tests for them?

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I've been carrying CCI Velocitors in my 43c. They have a 40 grain bullet and they chrono 965 fps in my 43c. Does anybody have any penetration tests for them?
    https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/poc...-test-results/

@BN has a good question. In a snubby, I had always understood that the Velocitor was the top of the heap in penetration. The referenced Lucky Gunner test indicated that, although it was in ClearGel. The Punch appears to be more similar to the the Stinger in ballistics, although the bullet design may make a bigger difference than I would think.

It would be informative to see a 4LD comparison in proper spec ballistic gelatin (or even ClearGel, assuming a consistency I'm not sure is valid) between the two rounds here. Let's throw in the 60 gr. Aguila while you're at it.

Who can or will accept the homework?
    My apologies to weasels.

When I shot DocGlock’s LCR 22 last Saturday, I recall just holding the sights level and getting POA/POI. Shot my nearly new 43C for the first time in a while today, and had to elevate the front sight to get POA/POI. This sound right?

I use my .22 LCR as a cheap training aid for my .327 LCR. I have a HiViz fiber optic front sight, with Velocitors the POA/POI are the same. Two extra shots are tempting.
    My apologies to weasels.

Chris averaged 888fps with 5 rounds through the 43c. Over the last couple years I have chronographed 40 rounds of Velocitor over 3 different sessions and I always get an average of around 965 fps through my 43c.

I recently got a 9mm LCR and now I probably need a 22LR LCR.

User Tag List