Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: S&W 315 NightGuard

Even better: concealed hammer and no hole like the 340.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    They should just tool up a spurless ("bobbed") DAO MIM K frame hammer and sell it as an accessory in addition to including it in factory builds. One of those things that just leaves me shaking my head that they don't figure it out.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    But I do have interest in a 3", LW frame, round butt, XS front sight, rust resistant finish, no stupid lock, K frame. So I sent S&W an email requesting one, hopefully they'll listen.
    I can dang near guarantee ya, if S&W did come out with a new model like you wished for it is going to cost a whole lot more than 7-8 hundred. I bet upwards of 1K, and they'll insist on the idiot lock anyway.

Just me being grumpy,
    Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I can dang near guarantee ya, if S&W did come out with a new model like you wished for it is going to cost a whole lot more than 7-8 hundred. I bet upwards of 1K, and they'll insist on the idiot lock anyway.

Just me being grumpy,
    Dave
    Probably at least $1200 if they chose to do it considering the PC M19 3” Carry Comp is at a large LGS about 20 minutes from me for about $1100.

Site Supporter
    NightGuard revolvers of most any caliber seem to be selling for original list price or in some cases quite a bit more. They appear to be popular and in demand. How much of S&W's pride would they have to swallow to admit they should have kept them in production and...brace yourselves...bring them back, including the 315 NG? I'd buy a 325, a 327, and the topic here a 315 if they did so. Hopefully before they dis-continued them again. (lol)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Continuing to mull this over, to be fair, 2008-2009 was one of the worst times in the last 35 years to be trying to sell high-content, high-cost, non-essential goods. Just sayin', maybe they could try again now that the economy is back to working.
    Well, this seemed logical one year and one day ago when I wrote it. But maybe they should hold off a year or two, and focus on filling the M&P poly popper pipeline for now. I suspect that with the combination of demand and production challenges that are present at this time, many gun manufacturers are not doing their best work.
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    OJ,

In the current climate and economy I don't expect any new releases from S&W or anyone else. Even if they did announce something new, we commoners will never see it. And if the current ammo and component shortages continue what good would some new model of anything be. No BBs, no shootie!

We are entering a period of - find your NightGuard used, pay up, or do without. And, I better stop there. I could launch into what I think of this whole shut down, virus business but that would get me thrown off the forum. With nothing else to do I better hang around and read what you young wipper-snappers think. (smile)

Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I would be happy with a 3” K sized six shot Centennial type enclosed hammer if S&W is still too skeered to produce a hammer gun sans ILS...
    I would need a four of those. Maybe they could make a 7 shot .32 mag version? Or they could bring the 242 back!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    We are entering a period of - find your NightGuard used, pay up, or do without.
    With any of the Night Guards, it's been that way since about 2011. There are a bunch of us doing without. Interestingly, the current high prices are bringing out a lot of rare hardware that people have been sitting on.

315 NGs have been in the 1300 range for the past few years when you see them. They're going for more than that now, but they seem to be coming up more frequently. Same for 327 PDs - typically $1300, I've seen high teens and I think even a mid-$2k sale in the past few months, and probably more volume than in the previous year or two.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List