Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: S&W 315 NightGuard

When I installed a c&s rear sight on my m66 it shot to the right as well. The rear sight was also a bit narrow for my tastes. Perfect. I filed one side untill it shot poa and the rear sight had the perfect amount of light on each side.

I broke the budget picking up a 327NG years ago thinking I would not see another anytime soon. The factory action is quite sweet. It’s a great revolver but I would prefer a 3” bbl. The 315 version would be definitely more practically sized for EDC. I enjoy the 327NG and always get a kick out of opening the cylinder and seeing all of those chambers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    I have the 7-shot 386 NG. I sent the cylinder to TK Custon so now it feeds on Moonclips. Also replaced the fixed rear sight, which didn't shoot to point of aim, to a standard S&W rear.

Name:  DSC00096.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  DSC00095.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  61.7 KB

Since the picture was taken I rounded the corners of a new, plain black rear blade and added an Apex Tactical DAO hammer.

I think the 315 NG would be a dandy carry gun but the prices I see keep me stuck with the 386.

Dave

315 on Gunbroker, starting off at $2k...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/874122316

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    315 on Gunbroker, starting off at $2k...
    See what I mean!

Dave

I really like the "Chopper" guns that Tiger McKee has been building, but I have no interest in the expense. But I do have interest in a 3", LW frame, round butt, XS front sight, rust resistant finish, no stupid lock, K frame. So I sent S&W an email requesting one, hopefully they'll listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I really like the "Chopper" guns that Tiger McKee has been building, but I have no interest in the expense. But I do have interest in a 3", LW frame, round butt, XS front sight, rust resistant finish, no stupid lock, K frame. So I sent S&W an email requesting one, hopefully they'll listen.
    Out of curiosity what is the ballpark on one of those McKee builds? They look interesting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Out of curiosity what is the ballpark on one of those McKee builds? They look interesting for sure.
    $1K on your gun. I’m more interested in a ~$7-800 factory gun.

12-5!

Site Supporter
    I would be happy with a 3” K sized six shot Centennial type enclosed hammer if S&W is still too skeered to produce a hammer gun sans ILS...

User Tag List