Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W 315 NightGuard

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Of all the night guards the 315 is the one I want the most
    This. I've seen a few on GB that went for STUPID money. If I ever find one for less than $700 I'll buy it without a second thought. If nothing else just to make some money on it. But if they ever make another run I hope they go the 3" or even 2.75" for the full length ejector rod.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Indeed, that cursed lock is like a boil on the face of a cute lass.
    S&W, IMHO, is depriving themselves from a sizable segment of the revolver market by presenting a firearm that resonates with some segments of the market as a sellout, Clinton-era ban gun and with other segments as less reliable, but with virtually no one as "better." Does anyone really demand the lock? My guess is no. But maybe it is working for them.
    Last edited by Willard; 08-03-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    S&W, IMHO, is depriving themselves from a sizable segment of the revolver market by presenting a firearm that resonates with some segments of the market as a sellout, Clinton-era ban gun and with other segments as less reliable, but with virtually no one as "better." Does anyone really demand the lock? My guess is no. But maybe it is working for them.
    I think you ask a very good question. Do the laws in such states as New Jersey, Massachusetts, Washington or California require such a lock? Or does it count as points on some system that allows their sale or ownership?

I honestly do not know, but think you make a great point.

If for no other reason, it would seem to simplify design and manufacture of their products - on that reason alone, I'd dump it if not required.

I am unaware of any police contracts that specified they wanted the silly thing.

I tried to find one when they came out. None of the LE dealers could get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I looked and looked for one when they were being manufactured and couldn't find one. I really can't find one now.

I have had Model 12-2 for years (phenomenal gun). I'd love a 315 NG if they actually exist somewhere.

I have a 386 NG in a fanny pack that I grab going out the door to walk the dog. Love the gun. I would love to find a 315 NG for a good deal.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I wish Ruger would make a full sized LCR. A nice lightweight security/speed six sized 6 shot 38.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I wish Ruger would make a full sized LCR. A nice lightweight security/speed six sized 6 shot 38.
    Isn't the 5431 pretty much that? Albeit 5 shot instead of 6?

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Isn't the 5431 pretty much that? Albeit 5 shot instead of 6?
    Equivalent of a J frame kit gun. I'm thinking of something K frame sized and lightweight. Like a modern Model 12.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Copy. It looked like a larger frame than the standard LCR. I've admittedly only looked at photos though.

User Tag List