Thread: NAACP Announces Travel Advisory For Missouri

Site Supporter

NAACP Announces Travel Advisory For Missouri

Just now I read that for the first time the NAACP has hit Missouri with a travel advisory, which I interpret as a warning to those of color that this state is unsafe for them to travel in. Police shootings and such were cited as reasons. I quit reading.

Now my comment deserves a separate paragraph. A few days ago the net listed the nation's cities with the highest murder rate. St Louis was NUMBER 1. Please overlook my using all caps. What are St. Louis' demographics? Go look if you don't know. The crime stats alone in St. Louis might qualify it for its own travel advisory. Yet this fact was not mentioned--at least I don't think it was. I quit reading.

Someone has an ax to grind. If healing racial tensions and fostering consensus building in distressed communities(I don't know what this means and won't tell you where I read it)and bringing about positive change(?????)in law enforcement institutions(ditto from above), then indicting an entire state's law enforcement community torpedoes all of the above. The negative effect will spread through out the entire country. The NAACP could not have introduced a worse smear campaign. I'm saddened, dismayed, and stressed because of it. And this is from a man who is not an apologist for law enforcement or any other profession for that matter including my former one.

I must say to you fine men and women who serve that I am ashamed that this shit is being put forth.

It is certainly interesting that Missouri of all places is where the NAACP travel advisory was issued.

One would think, based on homicides and shootings, Chicago would be a much better fit. I guess it doesn't fit the narrative, however.

Site Supporter
    Eurodriver hit the nail on the head. Besides ringing 4 inch gongs at 6oo yards with an AR he built and with ammo he loaded on an obsolete Lachmiller press, he is an observer and wise analyst of life in America.

User Tag List