Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Shooting Solutions w/Gabe White, Lakeland, FL, September 29th and 30th, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Good deal. Looking forward to meeting you at the class.
    Likewise.

Gabe / Anybody - Iíve got a couple questions in my mind on equipment.

My options are to use my USPSA rig (Blade Tech D/OH and 5xGhost pouches on a CR Speed) or my CCW (RCS Perun and a CCC Pouch on a Leather belt).

Pistol is a G19.5 and backup is a G26.5 in either case. All of this stuff is in use and not new.

Given the class mindset, do you see most folks in CCW configuration, or Action Pistol setup?
    Sorry Rich, just saw your post!

I see a lot more people shooting carry gear from concealment but that speaks to what's important to them and the type of shooters most commonly interested in my class (skill-minded, serious defensive shooters.)

Either of your rigs will be totally fine and you should use what you want.

I try to have a reasonably big tent philosophy in the testing and not summarily shaft anyone because they like using a rig or gun that I'm not interested in.

It's probably true that a great AIWB draw from concealment is the easiest way to score highly in the testing. But I think all reasonable right rigs contend and can have a good chance.

Reloads are essentially a non factor in class so I wouldn't make decisions based on that.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

4th Botswana Light Cav Rich_Jenkins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Sorry Rich, just saw your post!

I see a lot more people shooting carry gear from concealment but that speaks to what's important to them and the type of shooters most commonly interested in my class (skill-minded, serious defensive shooters.)

Either of your rigs will be totally fine and you should use what you want.

I try to have a reasonably big tent philosophy in the testing and not summarily shaft anyone because they like using a rig or gun that I'm not interested in.

It's probably true that a great AIWB draw from concealment is the easiest way to score highly in the testing. But I think all reasonable right rigs contend and can have a good chance.

Reloads are essentially a non factor in class so I wouldn't make decisions based on that.
    Thanks Gabe.

I think at my level of training (just starting out), using my regular simple USPSA D/O holster will be one less thing to worry about. That way I can focus on the instruction and trying to learn.

Will be great to see ya again. Really looking forward to the class.
    "Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now, that strength, which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find; and not to yield." --Tennyson

Any hotel recommendations for the class?

Pistol Shooting Solutions w/Gabe White, Lakeland, FL, September 29th and 30th, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    Iím driving over from Tampa as Iím local.

Lakeland is pretty benign as towns go, as far as I know, but thatís only from driving through on I4 back and forth to Orlando to visit my son.

Now you mention I donít know where the Range is, but I believe the class info Gabe sent said he would email the location to the participants.
    Last edited by Rich_Jenkins; 07-12-2018 at 10:16 PM.
    "Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now, that strength, which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find; and not to yield." --Tennyson

Thanks Gabe.

I think at my level of training (just starting out), using my regular simple USPSA D/O holster will be one less thing to worry about. That way I can focus on the instruction and trying to learn.

Will be great to see ya again. Really looking forward to the class.
    I haven't been able to make one of Gabe's classes fit my schedule, but knowing the curriculum: if you are not subconsciously comfortable drawing from concealment a lot, just run your game gear and work the lesson plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pistol Shooting Solutions w/Gabe White, Lakeland, FL, September 29th and 30th, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I haven't been able to make one of Gabe's classes fit my schedule, but knowing the curriculum: if you are not subconsciously comfortable drawing from concealment a lot, just run your game gear and work the lesson plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

I was fine taking Tom Givens class using a P30SK AOWB, but Iím primarily taking this class with Gabe to focus on USPSA, so it makes sense to use that rig.

Iím pondering taking Toms class again in 2019, but using my G19 in my RCS Perun.

Either way, looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Rich_Jenkins; 07-14-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    I stayed at the LaQuinta in Lakeland when I was last there. I remember there being a few other hotels near the LaQuinta as well but don't remember which they were off the top of my head....let me reach out to the class host.
    Lord of the Food Court

I’m driving over from Tampa as I’m local.

Lakeland is pretty benign as towns go, as far as I know, but that’s only from driving through on I4 back and forth to Orlando to visit my son.

Now you mention I don’t know where the Range is, but I believe the class info Gabe sent said he would email the location to the participants.
    I'll be sending out the range address via email to registered students sometime in early or mid August. If anyone would like the information early, just email me at classes@gabewhitetraining.com and I'll send it right away.

Thanks!

Gabe
    Last edited by Mr_White; 07-16-2018 at 02:53 PM.
    Lord of the Food Court

If anybody does figure out a hotel let me know.

I may just get a room Sat night to save an hours drive back to Tampa Sat night and Sunday morning. And of course if anyone is interested be glad to grab dinner somewhere Sat eve.

User Tag List