Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank You pistol-forum.com, Tom Jones and "shit" mods

Only thing local forums are good for is buying and selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Vending Machine Operator
    PF used to be one of 6 forums I looked at

It's now on of 2, and the only one I post on.

The older and busier I get, the less time I have to wade through uninformed, uncited opinion by people who don't even shoot their guns.

At this forum I never have to read "Go ahead and waste your money, it's not gonna get better than my Taurus" and that alone is worth being a site supporter.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    "Go ahead and waste your money, it's not gonna get better than my Taurus" and that alone is worth being a site supporter.
    Is that seriously a thing people say? Glad I found this place early in my firearms forum "career."

ETA: My join date is not indicative of when I found this place - I lurked for probably 2 or 3 years before posting, and I didn't register prior to deciding to make that first post.
    Last edited by olstyn; 08-02-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Wait, I'm the shit mod?

Godammit.
    Duh. Who else would be? I mean "Shit Lord Jay" has a certain ring to it.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Come'on, have some dignity, don't you get all brown nosed over the "shit" mods...

Truth is, the older and crankier I get, the more I value this forum. Is that good or ???

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The only thing "good" about PFestivus is the goofy coloring changing countdown timer I spent entirely too much time working on -- and even that is lame.
    That's the best thing about this forum. Don't be a total PFestivus grinch. If you cancel PFestivus, roll the countdown over for another year.

Other than that, you guys are all wonderful, haiku, kumbuya, blah, blah, blah...

PS-You're all on my ignore list.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Duh. Who else would be? I mean "Shit Lord Jay" has a certain ring to it.
    Yep, Lord of the Shit which means that he gets to be the gatekeeper to what us little shits post
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    On behalf of the other mods and myself, thank you all for the kinds words. The truth is, it's you guys (well, most of you guys ) that make this place awesome and, for the most part, easy to run.

I know we have a different way of running a forum, and I know not everyone agrees with it (because they routinely tell me so), but by-and-large it appears to be working -- at least given our relatively small size. We've now had more spambot registrations than we have legitimate users -- and orders of magnitude more spambot registration attempts. We remain relatively spam-free due to a lot of work (IP bans, pre-emptive account deletions, manual account approvals) by the admins/mods behind the scenes. Fighting spam is by far the most challenging aspect running this place.

Again, PF "works" because of you guys. Mods don't see/read every post in every thread in as timely a fashion as we'd like, so if you see something stupid, please use the report post button (which is strongly preferred over PM or other forms of direct contact since the report post button sends a message to all mods/admins). We won't always do what you might want, but we will see it and do something -- even if it's just use acknowledging that we need to keep an eye on things.

Thanks again to everyone for not being too much of a dick, and choosing to spend your valuable free-time here sharing your expertise, thoughts, and opinions with a bunch of (mostly) anonymous dudes you will probably never meet in person.
    Well, I agree that the membership makes the forum, but the culture and direction set by the staff have a large determining effect on the membership. And I'm sure you know that. I'm just brown nosing a bit and pointing out that staff has a very large part in the direction a forum takes. This one is the only one I participate on any more, although I lurk another one because it's so large that some interesting things can be read.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Totally agree. I don't post here much nor do I have much substance to offer but this site truly is unique and fantastic. I used to do the "rounds" of perusing/stalking the well-known forums but for the past year or so I have really stuck to P-F and Rokslide and find my life, and knowledge, the better.
    As a newbie, less than one year of shooting/carying, I have to say that I learn more information here than from many other sources, and in many ways it ranks right up there with Tom Givens Range master newsletter and the Greg Ellifritz Active Response knowledge dumps. I can say that PF has helped me avoid a myriad of mistakes and poor decisions regarding equipment, software, training dollar investments, etc.

At the risk of sounding mushy, I really appreciate this place and y'all's real world, real life experience contributions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree this place is unique, probably hang around for another 6 years. Heck, my DoTW Amazon gift card just paid for a new shot timer!
    Last edited by CCT125US; 08-02-2017 at 06:40 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List