Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone running the CZ P07?

Good input from all. Thank you.

Psalms: I can relate to the cost of following what the cool kids carry. I was a Glock toter only for about a decade. When I was deciding to go back to a DA/SA pistol It was because I had explored appendix carry and preferred the idea of a DA/SA pistol for that role. I ran across the now somewhat epic thread regarding ernest Langdon's exploration of the Px4 compact. I liked a lot of what he did with factory available parts. I didn't feel the need though to jump in with both feet on the platform and buy a ready made CC version or a Robar version. I decided to go more with the prototype version or what I think Beretta should offer as a Compact Basic Carry model that deletes the different finish, the night sights and the competition trigger pack. But, I have found the basic Px4 Compact to be a very good platform, and I'm finding used Px4s at or under $400 in my local area. Both the Px4 and the P07 seem to be underrated, and often undervalued once they find their way to "used" status. Based on the amount of use posted by most members of this forum The average "Used" Px4 or P07 has probably barely met the break-in criteria for most folks here.

I think I'm going to enjoy running the P07 and the Px4C side by side and giving them each a fair shake. This way I can get past the whole "what the cool kids carry" part and figure it out for myself. Now my problem is going to be my ammo budget.

I do like a DA trigger pull that is smooth and not over weighted, but I think reset, and some of the other "refinements" are more hot rodding than absolute must haves. They shave seconds for USPSA/IDPA, but how practical and truly tactical are some of the more extreme mods? On the Px4 I have felt the benefit of using the Wilson hammer spring, but feel I almost got as much benefit out of stoning the rough edges off the hammer strut and trigger bar. I know My 75B felt a lot better after similar treatment to polishing and spring replacement. Sure some of the other trigger qualities remain more "service pistol" level, but is that really a bad thing in a pistol I would carry?

Sights and a good holster are higher priorities to me.

Thanks again all for the input and please feel free to keep it coming. I'm on leave this week, but have to go in today because one of the Sailors in my department got in trouble and Captains mast won't wait.

Looking forward to some stress relieving reading when I get back.

Imho the p07 needs nothing other then sights and a trs. With time the trigger becomes a lot better.

I now have a px4cc. It is better then a stock p07. But it is significantly more moola. I would not touch a stock px4c over a p07. Nothing about the px4c interests me stock. Also a cgw p07 will outshoot pretty much any other da/sa in that price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I would not touch a stock px4c over a p07. Nothing about the px4c interests me stock. Also a cgw p07 will outshoot pretty much any other da/sa in that price range.

My Px4C isn't exactly stock, but it isn't a CC model either. Sights, a hammer spring and low profile controls are really the only upgrades parts. The hammer spring is the only thing that really makes it shoot any different.

By the time I drop $230+dollars of CGW parts in the P07, I'm about even with my PX4C.

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 08-02-2017 at 05:22 PM.

I think the P-07 is a solid choice. I went from P30/P2000 LEM to the P-07 with just the spring kit (hammer and FPBS) with Dawson sights. I couldn't improve my performance with it after the 2k challenge over the P2000 LEM. So, I went back to the HK.

Now, I've moved on the to the PX4CC. I'd say concealability wise, the PX4 and HK P2000 is more concealable (both with JM custom AIWB) than the P-07.

the P-07 is more economic than either and mechanical accuracy is a wash among all of them.

The P-07 pretty much stays in the safe now and I'm considering offloading it since I haven't touched it in a year or so.

I've been carrying mine for about a year and it has run great. Besides sights I actually haven't replaced anything on it. I have a CGW TRS that I got upon hearing about CZ's problems with them in general, but still haven't put it in as it hasn't been necessary. Carry in a JMCK Aiwb 2.0 and it is awesome for me. I actually thought I had an issue and was debating starting a thread on here seeing if anyone's sweat had worn the finish off of their carry pistols, as I thought that was happening to me. However, after a good deep cleaning, it turned out to just be surface crud and came right off. Other than that, it has just been good. No malfunctions since day one. I don't shoot a ton by most folks' standards here, but generally go to the range every month and put 100-200 through it. I've been very happy with it and am actually about to buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
    My Px4C isn't exactly stock, but it isn't a CC model either. Sights, a hammer spring and low profile controls are really the only upgrades parts. The hammer spring is the only thing that really makes it shoot any different.

By the time I drop $230+dollars of CGW parts in the P07, I'm about even with my PX4C.

The sights on the px4cc are the best I have run. I have had about everything too. I love the squared edges and the bright front dot. You have all the important mods on yours for sure. It is a joy to shoot. I feel like I shot my p07 almost as good as my px4cc. With sights I think it would make a big difference. I like the size of the px4cc and the roundness. I just hate that people put down the p07 or look past it because price.

Just another example of how options are great and we need to try different stuff. We all interpret things differently. Some shit just works for us and some does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    The sights on the px4cc are the best I have run. I have had about everything too. I love the squared edges and the bright front dot. You have all the important mods on yours for sure. It is a joy to shoot. I feel like I shot my p07 almost as good as my px4cc. With sights I think it would make a big difference. I like the size of the px4cc and the roundness. I just hate that people put down the p07 or look past it because price.

Just another example of how options are great and we need to try different stuff. We all interpret things differently. Some shit just works for us and some does not.

I agree. I think this past year I've been on a kick for underrated pistols. I would like to get my hands on a Walther P99 AS in 9mm (full size) as I've been running a slow 2,000 rnd challenge on it's cheaper more available Turkish knock off. I tend to be pretty impressed with how that cheap knock off works and think I would truly like a real Walther version. I've liked CZs for a long time but had stuck with the all metal guns, and they were mostly purchased for range use, and to have as examples of a hallmark design. My first centerfire autoloader was a Beretta 92FS that I bought around 91/92 timeframe after I turned 21. I tended to turn my nose up at the polymer framed Berettas, but once I rented one at a range I figured out they were worth another look.

The great thing is that the Storms and CZs seem to be undervalued, especially on the used market. This makes them an exceptional bargain and more accessible for people to get into and have some money to spare for upgrades or more ammo.

I had a fully cajunized P09 for a while but had to change out the hammer to keep it competition legal, but I could not notice a difference with the stock hammer.

One of my 07s doesn't have the short reset trigger kit and it's the one I shoot the most. I would not have put the SRT in the others if I would have been able to compare them side by side. The short reset doesn't seem worth it to me.

Lighter hammer spring, extended firing pin, and lighter recoil spring are nice upgrades though, as well as sights if you want to get away from the 3 dot/wide front sight. Currently running the Dawson fiber front with the stock rear sight blacked out with a sharpie.

I have a few aiwb holsters trying to decide which one I want to stay with, but so far my most used one is by Shook Customs.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
    I would like to get my hands on a Walther P99 AS in 9mm (full size)
    Thread drift:

Yes, you would. I am pretty impressed with the old beater one I picked up for $300. One reason I got rid of the CZ was that I had the P99 if I ever wanted to delve more into DA/SA world and the trigger was better than the P07. I kind of forgot about it when I picked up the PX4. Fact is all these guns are incredibly under valued IMO: P07/09, PX4, Sig 2022. All great guns in the $400 price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Thread drift:

Yes, you would. I am pretty impressed with the old beater one I picked up for $300. One reason I got rid of the CZ was that I had the P99 if I ever wanted to delve more into DA/SA world and the trigger was better than the P07. I kind of forgot about it when I picked up the PX4. Fact is all these guns are incredibly under valued IMO: P07/09, PX4, Sig 2022. All great guns in the $400 price range.
    I don't mind a little drift. I have been told that the P99 AS may still end up being imported in limited quantities. So, Im trying to rebuild my gun slush fund in the event that I find one. I did consider going with the Walther built SW99, since they are basically the same pistol but with a different slide shape. But I figure if I'm going to hunt for a unicorn, I may as well hold out for the one with the trophy horn. In the mean time, the Canik seems to be proving the value of that particular (and a bit peculiar) trigger system. I like the almost entirely flush controls, and kind of slick appearance of the striker fired DA/SA, while still getting the DA/SA trigger system and decocker. The TP9V2 runs well in drills, has been reliable enough for me to give it a good cleaning and lube and begin a 2,000 round challenge on it. (Currently at 900 trouble free rounds).

User Tag List