Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone running the CZ P07?

Just started my 2,000 round challenge.

So far, I'm very impressed with the build quality, as well as the handling. I didn't see any machining marks, and it locks up extremely tight.

Carrying a CZ reminds me of serving during the Cold War, when the CZ-75 was the unofficial badge of guys who'd been to Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I have one that I'm (slowly) putting through the 2,000 round challenge. My impressions are positive. No reliability issues yet. Trigger is a little gritty, but I'm sure that will wear in eventually. SA trigger has a bit of creep, and the trigger could use an overtravel stop, but definitely nothing worse than the GLOCK. Despite the trigger feel "issues" I shoot the P07 accurately and with better at-speed control than the GLOCKs that I've logged several decades and over 100,000 rounds of training ammunition through. The pistol shoots extremely "flat" - the front sight barely rises out of the rear sight notch in recoil, even when shooting outdoors in a moderately heavy rain.

I have a bunch of Cajun Gunworks parts waiting to install, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Disassembly is definitely more complicated than a GLOCK - I was pitching a bitch just to get it field stripped - and haven't been able to figure out how to remove the backstrap yet - I think I need a third hand or some kind of mechanical assist device. Sight options are EXTREMELY limited - you have stock, you have Dawson FO, or Dawson NS. CZC has NS as well, but I believe they're Dawson produced. Not that Dawson sights are bad - but there's not any high-visibility NS available (HDs, Ameriglos, etc). I expect this will change if the P10C catches on - sight dovetails are common between the two pistols.

Overall, I really like this pistol, and think it's a viable hammer-fired alternative to the G19 benchmark.
    I'm currently running a Beretta Px4 Compact. Sight options are not super for this series either. There are the Ameriglo sights which I'm running, but there are little to no fiber optic options for my full size. So, not having sight options is not a new problem for me.

I'm familiar with the CZ75 (have a75B and Sp01), so the takedown was pretty easy or at least familiar to me. Gotta use that mag floor plate to get the pin started, then the rest is simple.

Agree on the trigger assessment. It is not bad. Has some stages to it which can probably mostly be remedied with judicious application of some polishing stones and springs. The Cajun Kit looks like it will improve thing even more if I want something that goes beyond a more refined and improved service trigger.

On the Px4 vs P07 issue, for me it came down to two issues:

1. Cost. I can buy two P07s for the price of one Px4CC, nearly three P07s if I was going to shell out for a Modwhateverthecoolkidsarecarryingnow. I'm concerned about hearing how great the Robar treatment of the Px4 is WRT lube and how the Px4 can be problematic when run "dry" in stock configuration.
    2. WML. I don't typically carry one on a daily basis, but I like them for HD. The Px4 C's rail doesn't allow mounting a "standard" WML. The P07 can mount anything

I do get the slide "grippiness" thing, but, I'm an old-school slide release kind of guy, and even shooting in a moderately heavy rain I didn't have any issues manipulating my P07... I also agree that the Px4CC's contour looks like it would "hide" better than the P07's square-ish grip and long-ish beavertail - kind of like the difference between deep concealment carry of a 642 vs a G26. Similar in size but one disappears under the lightest cover, the other needs work to conceal...

Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    Carrying a CZ reminds me of serving during the Cold War, when the CZ-75 was the unofficial badge of guys who'd been to Europe.
    Ah, yes, the good old days when having a CZ75 marked you as one HELL of a "gun savvy" dude...

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I replaced it with the PX4CC because the Beretta slide is taller, has a greater gripping surface and is much easier to manipulate. I shot a course in Florida where we had a light rain all day, so wet hands, wet pistol. The P-07 slide was tough to deal with during some of the drills.
    I had the same issue with the P07. I just never got along with its handling, and the narrow slide was vexing at times. Overall a solid gun, but it didn't click with me. I definitely prefer the PX4C, it's easier to manipulate and has a much better stock trigger. As much as I though I didn't like slide mounted controls, the decocker of the PX4 has grown on me and my only beef now is how they can cut you up on aggressive slide manipulations.

I carried a P-07 for about a year; it replaced an HK P2000 V3 when I got tired of the euro mag release. The P-07 was an upgrade, in my opinion, carried well, accurate, reliable, a great AIWB carry gun. I replaced it with the PX4CC because the Beretta slide is taller, has a greater gripping surface and is much easier to manipulate. I shot a course in Florida where we had a light rain all day, so wet hands, wet pistol. The P-07 slide was tough to deal with during some of the drills. The PX4 is super-easy to manipulate, as well as meeting all my criteria for a carry gun. You can see the difference in slide heights here:

Attachment 18684
    Steve,

What are the sights you have on your P-07 in this picture?

Thanks.

I carried a P-07 for about a year; it replaced an HK P2000 V3 when I got tired of the euro mag release. The P-07 was an upgrade, in my opinion, carried well, accurate, reliable, a great AIWB carry gun. I replaced it with the PX4CC because the Beretta slide is taller, has a greater gripping surface and is much easier to manipulate. I shot a course in Florida where we had a light rain all day, so wet hands, wet pistol. The P-07 slide was tough to deal with during some of the drills. The PX4 is super-easy to manipulate, as well as meeting all my criteria for a carry gun. You can see the difference in slide heights here:

Attachment 18684
    Is there a noticeable difference in the distance from the bottom of the trigger guard to the bottom of the grip between the two or are they similar? The grip looks like it has less room on the px4. The p07 was perfect for me but anything smaller and i don't think I'd get a full grip. I handled a compact px4 but it was a long time ago and i can't recall how close it was to a p07 as there wasn't one handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Steve,

What are the sights you have on your P-07 in this picture?

Thanks.
    Fiber-optic front, black rear from CZ Custom.

I run a pair of P-07s for carry, and a pair of P-09s for sport and other things. One P-07 and both P-09s have CGW parts in them, it makes the triggers a lot more shootable, and smoother for the first round DA. All the pistols are pretty accurate: pretty tight, but not quite as tight as an SP-01 or a Tac Sport. I spent a little time smoothing out the grip frame, and putting some skateboard tape where needed. Make the pistol fit my hand better, and stay in place better under recoil.

I feel these pistols have the best recoil impulse and front sight tracking of any plastic pistols I've fired. The low cost is just an added bonus. (For MIL/LE CZ-USA has a discount program) Magazines are available at a good price from gregcotellc.com. I use High Noon Holsters (leather and Kydex), and HTC holsters (Kydex). I'm looking forward to when they introduce a milled-slide option for a mini-RDS.

My P-07/09s have been highly reliable. No malfunctions that I cannot attribute to my own reloads. Accurate, low cost, reliable, durable. What is not to like?
    Last edited by Trigger; 08-02-2017 at 12:10 PM.

I had been interested in the P07/P09 but the things that pushed me away were
    - trigger broke way too far back and close to the web of my hand
    - 3/5 P series guns I looked at had hammers that were canted and rubbing on the slide during trigger pull
    - price of magazines
    - overall fit and finish of the metal parts; they weren't that bad but once you drop in $300 of CGW parts you have a roughly $800 gun and there are some great guns for that much or less with better refined metal parts

Ignoring the above, the guns shot pretty well: the triggers were not terrible out of the box, sights tracked easily, recoil was very manageable

User Tag List