Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running the CZ P07?

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Does it fit in a p09 holster or does it need to be open ended?
    No - it is just a bit too long. Open ended would work best...

That said, the heat gun and I plan to coerce my JMCK AIWB P-09 holster to comply. The bottom just needs to open up a bit. I'm hoping to do the same with a Safariland 6354DO ALS holster too.

Pics up once I get it to work... or pics of the melted kydex if I do not! hehe
    "A man's character is his fate."

I have had some time now to run the P07 and Px4 compact side by side on my last few range outings. In fairness, I have had the Px4 since about March and bought the P07 in August and have about 1,850 logged rounds through the Px4 and just over 500 through the P07. Both got some undocumented rounds through them shortly after purchase just to get a feel for them and what they like. So, add a couple hundred to each of those numbers. The Px4 has received stealth levers, a Wilson 12# hammer spring, some stippling, and the Ameriglo sights. The P07 is still box stock.

The targets in the pictures were shot somewhere between 3 and 5 yards and were done about as fast as I could go in a cadence drill before throwing rounds out of the 2" circle.

I still need more range time with the P07. I do not feel that there is enough difference in the shooting characteristics to be of much practical difference between the two. I feel that if I were without one the other would perform as an equal to the other. The P07 trigger is not as refined as the Beretta but I'm not seeing a practical difference as a carry gun in what I can do with it. The curved back of the Px4 slide does make for a bit more comfortable carry though. The Px4 also seems a bit more gentle in recoil and as I track the front sight seems to have less muzzle rise. My wife can operate the slide more easily on the Px4 as well.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from picking up either as a carry option (Yes, I realize 500 or 700 rounds is not a lot for "vetting" the P07 as far as reliability goes, but if it make the 2,000 round mark with the same kind of reliability the Px4 has then it is a pretty good sign. So far it is off to a good start though).

Quote Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
    I have had some time now to run the P07 and Px4 compact side by side on my last few range outings. In fairness, I have had the Px4 since about March and bought the P07 in August and have about 1,850 logged rounds through the Px4 and just over 500 through the P07. Both got some undocumented rounds through them shortly after purchase just to get a feel for them and what they like. So, add a couple hundred to each of those numbers. The Px4 has received stealth levers, a Wilson 12# hammer spring, some stippling, and the Ameriglo sights. The P07 is still box stock.

The targets in the pictures were shot somewhere between 3 and 5 yards and were done about as fast as I could go in a cadence drill before throwing rounds out of the 2" circle.

I still need more range time with the P07. I do not feel that there is enough difference in the shooting characteristics to be of much practical difference between the two. I feel that if I were without one the other would perform as an equal to the other. The P07 trigger is not as refined as the Beretta but I'm not seeing a practical difference as a carry gun in what I can do with it. The curved back of the Px4 slide does make for a bit more comfortable carry though. The Px4 also seems a bit more gentle in recoil and as I track the front sight seems to have less muzzle rise. My wife can operate the slide more easily on the Px4 as well.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from picking up either as a carry option (Yes, I realize 500 or 700 rounds is not a lot for "vetting" the P07 as far as reliability goes, but if it make the 2,000 round mark with the same kind of reliability the Px4 has then it is a pretty good sign. So far it is off to a good start though).
    When you say the trigger on the P07 is not as refined as that of the PX4, was that comparison made prior to the new hammer spring in the PX4? I'm asking as I'm thinking about acquiring a PX4.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    When you say the trigger on the P07 is not as refined as that of the PX4, was that comparison made prior to the new hammer spring in the PX4? I'm asking as I'm thinking about acquiring a PX4.
    Yes, the Px4 trigger out of the box is smoother in it's DA trigger pull. The P07 has some stages or hitches in the pull along with a sensation of some camming toward the end of the pull which the Beretta lacks.

I mostly mention it out of a sense of full disclosure, since on the range and running the pistol, it doesn't seem to have a negative impact on how well I can shoot the P07. But, I know it would drive some folks nuts. Also, even in the limited 500 rounds through the P07, I'm either getting really used to its characteristics or it is actually smoothing out a bit. From what I read on CZ forums, most owners indicate the triggers reall seem to improve up to the 2k round mark just from shooting and wearing them in.

Quote Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
    Yes, the Px4 trigger out of the box is smoother in it's DA trigger pull. The P07 has some stages or hitches in the pull along with a sensation of some camming toward the end of the pull which the Beretta lacks.

I mostly mention it out of a sense of full disclosure, since on the range and running the pistol, it doesn't seem to have a negative impact on how well I can shoot the P07. But, I know it would drive some folks nuts. Also, even in the limited 500 rounds through the P07, I'm either getting really used to its characteristics or it is actually smoothing out a bit. From what I read on CZ forums, most owners indicate the triggers reall seem to improve up to the 2k round mark just from shooting and wearing them in.
    Thanks. I have a Gen 2 P07 with some springs swapped out, I've been quite happy with it thus far. I thought I had ran across a really good deal on a PX4 but it appears the seller has developed cold feet or perhaps wasn't really serious about selling it in the first place.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Since the $200 I keep meaning to send to Cajun for the pro-package parts keeps getting absorbed into other projects, I figured I'd break down my stock p-07 and see what a little polishing would do for the trigger. . . I have to say, I'm actually pretty pleased. I did only the basics: the DA rubbing surfaces on the hammer and sear. The side flats of the hammer where it rubs the frame (which was a major offender in the staginess of the DA pull I suspect), trigger bar, and the hammer strut. Didn't touch any sear engagements at all. Cleaned everything up and greased well with tw25b. Everything inside still stock, springs and all. Weight didn't change noticeably, but the DA pull REALLY smoothed a good bit. The polymer rubbi-ness (totally a word) evaporated. All I used was 600 grit wet paper and a dremel polishing wheel w/flitz

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    No - it is just a bit too long. Open ended would work best...

That said, the heat gun and I plan to coerce my JMCK AIWB P-09 holster to comply. The bottom just needs to open up a bit. I'm hoping to do the same with a Safariland 6354DO ALS holster too.

Pics up once I get it to work... or pics of the melted kydex if I do not! hehe
    Well, I totally forgot to follow up

Name:  CZ P-07RS EDC 2017.10 2.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  45.1 KB

A few minutes with the heat gun while gently pressing the gun fully into the holster resulted in a slight flair. I really like this better than I would an open ended holster.
    Last edited by s0nspark; 02-21-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Is any of the comp sticking out? I have an open ended P09 length holster and I get leg burn when shooting with the P09.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Is any of the comp sticking out? I have an open ended P09 length holster and I get leg burn when shooting with the P09.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    A tiny bit ... but the pad I use keeps it pretty well away from my leg.

I’ll take some more pics to show details a bit better as soon as I get one of my frames back from NAF Solutions.

Anyone keep their damaged FP retaining pin? I was thinking about how to diagnose wear on that part without disassembly. A 2mm punch just fits through the roll pin. Maybe a damaged roll pin would bind when you insert the punch?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List