Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone running the CZ P07?

Anyone running the CZ P07?

I tried to do a search but apparently "CZ" and "P07" are either too common or too small to be searchable words. So, forgive me if there is a big post on this somewhere, and I missed it.

I picked one of these up today and I had strongly considered buying it or the Beretta Px4 Compact. I went the Px4 route, during the rebates, as well as I just kind of liked the way the trigger felt a little bit more than I liked the CZ as they both came out of the box. Today though, I found a P07 that was marked used, but I'm 99% sure the only time it was fired was at the CZ factory, and I only think that because there is a test target. Anyway it was priced under $400, so i picked it up.

Curious to hear if anyone else is carrying it and what holsters they went with, along with any useful hints or modifications. I already anticipate spending some money with Cajun Gun Works, as I've used some of their parts to massage, my SP01.

Love my P07. Mine has an RMR milled in. I also have an older 07 Duty slide with Dawson FO front and black rear sights I use when I teach at the police academy. Did I mention I love that gun?

I bought a bunch of CGW parts and did the install myself using YouTube videos to show how to take apart, etc. no problems. I bought this kit: https://cajungunworks.com/product/p-...grade-package/

I also bought a steel guide rod.

I have a JMCK AIWB holster I use for everyday carry, a Bladetech (for a P09) DOS for competition and a Safariland ALS for police academy teaching. I think Tony (JMCK) has some/a 07 holster on his quick ship list. Yep, http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/COVER...ER-CZP-07.html
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Love my P07. Mine has an RMR milled in. I also have an older 07 Duty slide with Dawson FO front and black rear sights I use when I teach at the police academy. Did I mention I love that gun?

I bought a bunch of CGW parts and did the install myself using YouTube videos to show how to take apart, etc. no problems. I bought this kit: https://cajungunworks.com/product/p-...grade-package/

I also bought a steel guide rod.

I have a JMCK AIWB holster I use for everyday carry, a Bladetech (for a P09) DOS for competition and a Safariland ALS for police academy teaching. I think Tony (JMCK) has some/a 07 holster on his quick ship list. Yep, http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/COVER...ER-CZP-07.html
    Thanks, for the input. I have a JMCK AIWB for my Px4 Storm Compact. So, I may go that route again.
    Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 08-02-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Site Supporter
    Mine is stock. The last gun this easy to shoot was a 9mm 1911.

Mine is my duty weapon and thankfully Safariland makes an ALS for it. The trigger only feels so so but the rounds go where I want them.

I agree on the love. I really think you can not beat it for the price. Mine was bone stock and would flat out shoot. Traded in on a p320c. That was definitely a mistake. The accuracy was amazing on the p07 and the trigger continued to smooth out. You will be very happy with that guy for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have two, both set up pretty much identically with the same kit Lon mentioned. I also swapped out the sights using CZC black rears and Dawson FO fronts. I have had no problems with either pistol. One is used for work, the other for training/dryfire.

I primarily use Raven for OWB and JM for appendix holsters. These are my two favorite holster companies and pretty much are "go-to" for me.

I picked mine up shortly after shooting Mike Pannone's in a class and have been very happy with them. I do carry other pistols, depending on what I am doing that day, but the P07 certainly gets carried the most.
    Polite Professional

I have a P07 and while I have not even shot it yet, I have done quite a bit of dry fire practice with it. I like the feel of the trigger but I also feel the gun is a bit more bulky than my G19. The grip just doesn't seem to fit me right. I think I'll be sending it down the road.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I have one that I'm (slowly) putting through the 2,000 round challenge. My impressions are positive. No reliability issues yet. Trigger is a little gritty, but I'm sure that will wear in eventually. SA trigger has a bit of creep, and the trigger could use an overtravel stop, but definitely nothing worse than the GLOCK. Despite the trigger feel "issues" I shoot the P07 accurately and with better at-speed control than the GLOCKs that I've logged several decades and over 100,000 rounds of training ammunition through. The pistol shoots extremely "flat" - the front sight barely rises out of the rear sight notch in recoil, even when shooting outdoors in a moderately heavy rain.

I have a bunch of Cajun Gunworks parts waiting to install, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Disassembly is definitely more complicated than a GLOCK - I was pitching a bitch just to get it field stripped - and haven't been able to figure out how to remove the backstrap yet - I think I need a third hand or some kind of mechanical assist device. Sight options are EXTREMELY limited - you have stock, you have Dawson FO, or Dawson NS. CZC has NS as well, but I believe they're Dawson produced. Not that Dawson sights are bad - but there's not any high-visibility NS available (HDs, Ameriglos, etc). I expect this will change if the P10C catches on - sight dovetails are common between the two pistols.

Overall, I really like this pistol, and think it's a viable hammer-fired alternative to the G19 benchmark.

I carried a P-07 for about a year; it replaced an HK P2000 V3 when I got tired of the euro mag release. The P-07 was an upgrade, in my opinion, carried well, accurate, reliable, a great AIWB carry gun. I replaced it with the PX4CC because the Beretta slide is taller, has a greater gripping surface and is much easier to manipulate. I shot a course in Florida where we had a light rain all day, so wet hands, wet pistol. The P-07 slide was tough to deal with during some of the drills. The PX4 is super-easy to manipulate, as well as meeting all my criteria for a carry gun. You can see the difference in slide heights here:

Name:  slides.jpg
Views: 8918
Size:  44.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I carried a P-07 for about a year; it replaced an HK P2000 V3 when I got tired of the euro mag release. The P-07 was an upgrade, in my opinion, carried well, accurate, reliable, a great AIWB carry gun. I replaced it with the PX4CC because the Beretta slide is taller, has a greater gripping surface and is much easier to manipulate. I shot a course in Florida where we had a light rain all day, so wet hands, wet pistol. The P-07 slide was tough to deal with during some of the drills. The PX4 is super-easy to manipulate, as well as meeting all my criteria for a carry gun. You can see the difference in slide heights here:

Name:  slides.jpg
Views: 8918
Size:  44.7 KB
    I have a Px4 Compact that is my current carry pistol. I don't know that the P07 will replace it, but it certainly seems like a very good contender so far. I agree on the surface area o the Px4, I just wish the serrations were as aggressive as the ones on the CZ. The roundness of the Px4 also seems to lend itself to not printing as much as a more squared off pistol.

User Tag List