Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone running the CZ P07?

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Did you happen to try different recoil springs?
    Yeah thats the first thing I went after as it felt extremely over sprung.

I tried a number of things including taking it into CZ Custom as they're extremely close to me. After a lot of wasted time and around 1500 rds it still won't run. I've just shelved it in the safe and bought another gun as time is my most precious commodity anymore.
    Owner of Ryker Nylon Gear - Ryker Nylon Gear Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Yeah thats the first thing I went after as it felt extremely over sprung.

I tried a number of things including taking it into CZ Custom as they're extremely close to me. After a lot of wasted time and around 1500 rds it still won't run. I've just shelved it in the safe and bought another gun as time is my most precious commodity anymore.
    Wow - that is unusual to be sure. I typically run 15# recoil and hammer springs in my P-07s... and that is still probably a bit stout on the recoil spring side since the P07 and P09 call for the the same springs. (Note to self to try something a bit lighter...)

If it hadn't been done already, I'd change out the extractor to see if that helped the situation... but I totally get the time aspect. I am of an age where I don't like to fiddle with things overly much, especially when my fun time is so limited.
    "A man's character is his fate."

I'm really anxious to try the forthcoming CZ stealth comp from Primary Machine ;-)
    Preach it brother. Me too.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I'm running a 12lb or 13lb recoil spring in my 07. Really helps with tracking and haven't had an issue with it cycling.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Preach it brother. Me too.
    Primary Machine is finally taking pre-orders for their CZ Stealth Comp :-D

Press releases on Facebook and/or Instagram

Preorder HERE
    Last edited by s0nspark; 08-18-2017 at 06:20 AM.

Primary Machine is finally taking pre-orders for their CZ Stealth Comp :-D

Press releases on Facebook and/or Instagram

Preorder HERE
    I can see it now. Roland-ized P-07s....

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I can see it now. Roland-ized P-07s....
    Almost there... at least with my own take on it. I have the stealth comp on order and a Surefire DG switch (the one for the M&P) coming as well to see how I take to it.

Name:  p-07.jpg
Views: 7085
Size:  97.3 KB

I may have the grip stippled on one of my P-07s to see how it turns out and a low-profile magwell might be nice at some point, should one become available.
    Last edited by s0nspark; 08-18-2017 at 07:37 AM. Reason: lost the quote - ugh, coffee STAT!

Almost there... at least with my own take on it. I have the stealth comp on order and a Surefire DG switch (the one for the M&P) coming as well to see how I take to it.

Name:  p-07.jpg
Views: 7085
Size:  97.3 KB

I may have the grip stippled on one of my P-07s to see how it turns out and a low-profile magwell might be nice at some point, should one become available.
    I may ask for a barrel and comp for Christmas. My only concern with the stealth comp is how long it is. Since it's gonna be longer than a P-09 there won't be any "stock" holsters for it (unlike a Roland fitting a G34 holster). Having to cut the bottom out of an AIWB P-09 holster and having the comp sticking out the bottom doesn't sound comfy or safe.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

I may ask for a barrel and comp for Christmas. My only concern with the stealth comp is how long it is. Since it's gonna be longer than a P-09 there won't be any "stock" holsters for it (unlike a Roland fitting a G34 holster). Having to cut the bottom out of an AIWB P-09 holster and having the comp sticking out the bottom doesn't sound comfy or safe.
    For OWB I may just see if I can mod a Safariland 6360DO. I'm not sure if the mods to get the P-07 with RMR to lock in will prevent other guns from working - I also have a P-10C and a G17 I'd like to use in the same holster... since we're just talking range use.

AIWB, I will have new holsters made once I validate the comp's performance and any effect it may have on reliability.

I, too, would not feel as comfortable with a comp sticking out the bottom of the holster, especially during range sessions!

Wow - that is unusual to be sure. I typically run 15# recoil and hammer springs in my P-07s... and that is still probably a bit stout on the recoil spring side since the P07 and P09 call for the the same springs. (Note to self to try something a bit lighter...)

If it hadn't been done already, I'd change out the extractor to see if that helped the situation... but I totally get the time aspect. I am of an age where I don't like to fiddle with things overly much, especially when my fun time is so limited.
    I'm running a 12lb or 13lb recoil spring in my 07. Really helps with tracking and haven't had an issue with it cycling.
    What weight are the stock recoil and hammer springs?

User Tag List