Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RFI: Speed strips for j-frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    For most folks, often myself included, you have a single weapon located on your body. No matter where you carry, some scenarios will put you at a huge disadvantage in accessing that weapon. The airweight Revolver....or multiples, allow a ton of accesability. I am often walking in an "un policed" downtown Dallas in bad hours to be walking. My hand is usually in a pocket, with a M&P340 griped properly and ready to go. Is it a better shooter than my PX4CC....nope, but it is more easily accessed than he PX4CC, even in a good JMCK AIWB holster. No clothing to foul or fight, and that presentation will be a solid surprise. This is all very good. I know folks who will have an airweight j in each front pocket.....think about the access possibilities. Same with some of the ankle stuff. For counter robbery, accessibility is a huge benefit.
    You know, many of us have urged you to write a book about fighting revolvers--which I hope to see some day--but you really ought to think about writing about defensive carry generally, including shooting, of course, but the other aspects such as this. I think too many folks are stuck in the "I carry so I'll be all right" mindset, and don't think enough about modifying what they do to reflect the actual tactical situation.
    Last edited by Jeep; 08-04-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Exact opposite of "auto cartridge in a revolver", but I have a buddy who carries a .44 Birdshead Vaquero, and uses a Desert Eagle magazine as a speed loader.

User Tag List