Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Turnover in the Trump Administration

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Hard to take your post seriously. Obama was a disaster that I'm not sure we'll ever recover from, and I'm betting Hillary would be MORE competent at furthering our final destruction.

I don't really get what people desire out of a president, but focusing on the needs of the citizenry over everything else (and not the opposite approach) is great to me.
    I think you vastly overestimate the power of the president. It took Obama a long time to do what he did, and it's still plenty reversible. Maybe Trump will fix it, maybe he won't, but calling him "great" is also incredibly hard to take seriously.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I'm sure your local utility provider or small business has seen similar if or worse periods of people cycling in and out of job roles. Part of effective management means ensuing people are either good fits in their roles or changing them when needed,whether that's 10 years or five days. I'm no fan of Trump- but given the political nature of White House life I'm glad to see the turnover.

Perform or GTFO. That motto should be translated in Latin and stenciled above every doorframe owned by the government.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

It's like we all bought tickets to the same movie but are seeing different flicks. All I care about is trump getting conservative stuff done. I really don't care how un-presidential he is as long as he is actually getting stuff done. No matter how much you like the shenanigans surrounding his administration (and face it, it's entertaining if nothing else, the legend of The Mooch will live forever), they seem to make it harder to get said stuff done. If republicans won't work with him because he acts like a angry child then the shenanigans aren't serving his agenda therefore aren't serving the country.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Honestly, I would rank Trump as a great president, overall. He has done some amazing things in just a few months:

• Actually started to vigorously enforce immigration law. This alone makes him a standout, head and shoulders above any other president in my lifetime.
    • Appointed what seems to be a reasonable and conscientious replacement for Scalia in Gorsuch.
    • Pulled out of the ridiculous Paris accord.
    • Stopped the unsubstantiated aggression against Assad.
    • Has been quietly dismantling the numerous social experiment abortions courtesy of the Obama administration.
    • Though I don't agree with his healthcare position, happy to see him having the nerve to hold congress feet to the fire. I actually believe he may pull their plan.

And all of this in the face of a full, unhidden 110% assault on his administration by nearly every arm of the mainstream media and a well-organized and increasingly militant left wing. Don't kid yourself that the endless stories about the supposed "failures" of the administration, the low "polling" numbers, the lack of coverage of any successes, the reports of dwindling support aren't all 100% psyop.

There is certainly a dedicated base thrilled with the job he's doing and want more, more, more. The BS about chaos in the administration is just noise. Who cares? He's doing his darnedest to turn things around, and the results aren't too bad at this point.

Take a second to reflect on what things would look like today under a Hillary Clinton presidency. I mean really think about it.
    Except for ranking him as "great", I agree with this (above).. We'll see how "great" he is if/when he can get any substantial legislation passed that reduces government strangleholds on the economy (including healthcare) and enables (through getting government out of the way) growth to get revved up beyond inflation.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

That lucky bastard. He picked up a double on a blindfolded swing.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    It's like we all bought tickets to the same movie but are seeing different flicks.
    Hence, why I started the thread. I'm curious to see the lenses people view the guy through.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Name:  hillary-clinton-thumbs-up.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  27.0 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Hence, why I started the thread. I'm curious to see the lenses people view the guy through.
    it's like watching a reality TV star take over the Whitehouse, and then waking up and realizing it's for real.

The over/under for Kelly leaving is six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    He's crazy, but it could be worse.

We are not currently spiraling to hell, so he's already better than others.
    Last edited by Peally; 08-01-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Does anybody thinks the republican party will come out of this presidency with any possibility of winning the next elections?

User Tag List