Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Turnover in the Trump Administration

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I would disagree that it doesn't not make them better if the person they are compared to is as you say "worse, more awful, more stupid". If the person B is worse than person A, then person A is better.
    Let me say it a different way. Person A is a a bad person but never committed genocide. Person B did all that and committed genocide. Person A does not become a good person simply because there are worse people in the world.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Let me say it a different way. Person A is a a bad person but never committed genocide. Person B did all that and committed genocide. Person A does not become a good person simply because there are worse people in the world.

If you were only able to choose from person A or person B as a leader, who would you choose?

If you were only able to choose from person A or person B as a leader, who would you choose?
    Another diversion or straw man. We're not in the process of choosing anyone so that's irrelevant. We have Trump as POTUS and you continually try to defend him by changing the topic.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Another diversion or straw man. We're not in the process of choosing anyone so that's irrelevant. We have Trump as POTUS and you continually try to defend him by changing the topic.
    We are choosing. Everyday we choose between the lesser of two bads.

I choose to focus my attacks on what truly threatens America. I do not seek perfection. That's probably why I'm less Trump obsessed than those who attack him.

If someone does not think the democrats/left are a threat to America, then I could see where they might find my thinking less than healthy.

Wish I could find a straw man to do my workout for me. I almost puked just now!

We are choosing. Everyday we choose between the lesser of two bads.

I'm confused, I thought we only chose come election time.

In between elections, we chat with our fellow citizens, and think about what choice we will make next time we have an opportunity to do so.

Who's "choosing....everyday?"

Some partisans see a need to praise/exoriate politicians everyday, but that's not a choice, that's how you collect a paycheck if you work for Fox, MSNBC, CNN, etc.

Both parties need a close eye on their malfeasances at all time, and not just by their political opponents, if democracy is going to survive in the US.

I see both major parties as equal opportunity enemies of my liberty. Trump would sell out the 2a in half a second if he was guaranteed to win reelection because of it.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    What truly threatens America? Bump stocks?
    State bans on weapons?
    North Korean nukes?

All successful for Donald?

What threatens America is a willingness to looks the other way and to rationalize the President’s non-stop stream of lies, abuses, mis-direction, propaganda, lawbreaking, and continuous attempts to subvert the rule of law.

I don’t really care which side is benefited or harmed, this situation is unacceptable and the sooner a stop is put to it, the better off we all will be.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    It doesn’t have to be a mutually exclusive situation. Hilary and Trump can both be rotten pieces of garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed. HRC is irrelevant however. She is not President.

What is relevant is what is causal and how it can be addressed. How did we come to have two morally untenable choices for president? How do we have such a paucity of moral persons in government? Is it inherent to the process or is the process functional and the persons are representative of what the people are or have become?

We have had good, moral people in government recently. I’d point to Boehner, Ryan, and both Bushes as reasonably recent examples. A lot of people didn’t like how they governed, but they were all very good people. They represented a via media in politics— why is that so dissatisfying to people? Is it really the best alternative, or are we better off polarized?

I’m not sure. I am with Newman on the via media in the ecclesiastical context; I used to really dislike it in all contexts. I no longer know how I feel about it in the political arena.

The ability to tell the difference between right and wrong should be the same regardless of your political preferences.

At what point did it become acceptable to conflate the two?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List